I'm currently looking for an experienced Business Controller with a minimum of 5 years experience in Finance and Controlling for one of our trusted partners in Amsterdam in Fashion Retail.
Role: Business Controller
Contract: 12 months
The Technology department (TECH) aims to drive full digitization along the company's entire value chain, reinventing how we work as an organization and laying the foundation to become a Fashion-Technology company.
The Digital Optimization Team (DOT) evangelizes technology practices, standardized ways of working, Agile practices and internal culture within Digital Hub. Business Operations team with DOT is responsible for all TECH operations: finance, compliance, vendor management, communication. You will report to the Head of Business Operations & Controlling.
We are looking for an internationally experienced finance professional. You are strategic-thinking, results driven, with the ability to roll up sleeves and dig into details while not losing sight of the big picture. You have an extensive experience with systems and processes in accounting operations within growth organizations. You are an effective communicator who can work with cross functional and executive teams within an agile organization to accomplish the Company's financial objectives.
- Excited/passionate about exploring innovation in finance and how this can benefit the organization, especially in an Agile and product-driven environment with autonomous teams
- Highly motivated to get things done and pro-active in doing so
- Structured and well organized
- Excited by challenges and trying new ways
- Able to work independently, yet at the same time a prime example of a collaborator
- Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks while looking for ways to improve processes
- Flexible to adapt to changing processes and deadlines
- A coach and mentor to the other members in your team
- Ensure that our financial controlling practices enable our ambitions.
- Partner, support & challenge senior business budget owners on Finance related topics, impacting performance of the department
- Translate finance targets & strategy plans into department specific actions
- Take ownership of Finance related processes in TECH, partnering with the Central Finance and Central Procurement departments.
- Further optimize planning, forecasting, operational finance. Specific tasks areas:
- Financial planning (Annual Budgets & Monthly Re-estimates)
- Month-end closing
- OPEX and CAPEX forecasting & actuals reporting
- Domain/Product controlling & support
- Assist with improvements in invoice approvals/PO system
- Optimize the Management Information process and KPI dashboard for management in the department. Make it more relevant, reliable and in line with an Agile way of working.
- Provide operational support to teams with investment decisions.
- University degree in Business Administration / Finance
- ACCA certification preferred
- Big4 experience preferred
- 5-7 Years of relevant Finance & Control work experience
- Experience in business analysis, cost modeling, and accounting
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with SAP and MS Excel
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
In case you are interested to hear more about the company and would like to have some more information, please apply! For questions related to this opportunity you can contact d.piris(a)jpgray.nl