Commercial Container Operator (MR-33987660)
Are you looking for an operational position within one of the most dynamic environments of Trading & Supply? Are you looking for a long term career instead of only a job? One of the most well known companies based with one of their offices in Rotterdam is seeking for junior and experienced Commercial Operators do join their Sustainable Operations desk.
Commercial Container Operator
What will you do?
In the role of Commercial Container Operator you focus on international oil and transportation activities by providing a high standard of commercial execution and optimization around the deal portfolio established by a trader.
You provide professional transport and feedstock scheduling / operations services to the various deal-making desks in the Trading & Supply organization. These are part of a team of operators led by the Trading Operations Team Leader (TL), and are assigned to a product specific trading desk, working closely with the respective trader / optimizer.
As a Commercial Container Operator you carry out the tasks required to meet the contractual obligations of deals agreed by the traders or refinery optimizers and liaise with internal departments, customers and other external parties such as third party operations, brokers and independent inspectors as part of implementing each contract supporting the trading team.
The right candidate with good commercial acumen, will have the freedom and opportunity to significantly contribute to the profitability of the product trading team.
Due to the continuous growth and expansion of our clients feedstock (container) activities, we are currently looking for a detail-oriented and organized Container Operator.
This role coordinates the physical and administrative flow of all incoming and outgoing shipments in the most cost-efficient way to ensure that sales and purchase agreements are met.
- Manage and control all bulk shipments and deliveries in line with the sales and purchase agreements;
- Handle shipping documents for import and export shipments. Manage the customs documentations (Considering incoterms);
- Check and approve all relevant shipping documents;
- Arrange additional transport and logistical services (charter barges, tank storage and trucks);
- Arrange heating instructions (due to the nature of the products);
- Arrange, track delivery schedules, and monitor vessel positions;
- Manage the inventory /stocks in cooperation with (tank)terminals and trading desk;
- Ensure timely and accurate communications with (tank)terminals, surveyors, shipping agents/lines, suppliers, and internal stakeholders;
- Handle demurrage / storage calculations for trucks and containers.
To apply successfully for this position we are looking for;
Professionals (yes, multiple positions on different level of experience are available) who holds a relevant Bachelor's or Masters degree or equivalent work experience. Beyond that, we'd hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Experience as a Logistics Planner / Coordinator (especially road and partly sea transport)
- Knowledge of international import/export trade practices.
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem solving mentality and quick decision making;
- Well-developed English communication skills (both verbal and written). Dutch would be a big plus;
- Knowledge of import and export documentations and procedures;
- Substantial experience with storage, handling and transport on a wide array of BioFuels (plus);
- Understanding of all factors that influence profit and loss and exposure and ability to translate traders' strategy to operational plan. Part of this role might entail blending activities on different terminals.
- End-to-end understanding on how value is created in the biofuels business such as supply chain network design and cost optimization.
What will you get in return?
It's a rewarding, responsible and fulltime position - there's a high level of ownership and you'll be able to take pride in delivering a successful trading process. You will have the opportunity to work for an international company, with the possibility of obtaining an indefinite contract. The team you will be part of is very diverse and supportive. There is always someone ready to jump in and help out, and the same is expected of you.
- Fulltime employment
- Salary indication between EUR 3200.00 - EUR 4000.00 gross per month excl. holiday allowance
- 25 holidays per annum
- 12 ATV day per annum
- Working from home allowance
- Travel allowance
- Educational budget
If you are interested in this role please apply via the website or contact Jeanine Tukker via j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl. We always strive to respond to all applications within 5 working days. Sometimes due to the number of responses we cannot. If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.