Do you want to be part of an international supply chain team, and be responsible for supporting demand analysis, supply market analysis, and creating meaningful forecasts? Are you experienced in demand planning or are you looking for an opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop your career within an international environment? Because even if you only have a few years' experience, this could be the opportunity for you…
Contract: Full-time (40h) - First 7 months via JP Gray.
Salary: 3.000 - 3.900 EUR gross/month
The company is a multinational and well known in the retail industry. They have an international footprint, but are also still rapidly expanding in EMEA region. Due to this there is a strong entrepreneurial mentality requiring you to keep up pace in a fast changing organisation. You are not afraid to reach out of your comfort zone, and you get energy from communicating with different stakeholders throughout the organisation.
In your role as Demand Planner you will closely work together with your colleagues from Marketing & Sales who are also based in The Netherlands. You will prepare and run the local S&OP process together following the monthly cadence. You are their person to go to regarding Planning and Forecasting and you will make sure you have a full understanding of the Sales Forecast, risks and opportunities to optimize the internal collaboration. In this position you will rapport direct into the Supply Chain Manager.
But there is more what the job has to offer! You daily tasks and responsibilities will also exist out of;
- Preparing and executing the monthly Demand Submission in line with the signed-off forecast
- Synchronize commercial plans with demand plans;
- Proactively identifying constraints and challenges and developing solutions to mitigate impacts all the while keeping internal customers clearly informed of developments;
- You are pro actively reaching out to selected key customers to develop joint forecasts & contribute to customer Unit Fill analysis and improvement;
- You will provide and analyse monthly metrics reporting on forecast changes, rejections, forecast accuracy, bias;
- Manage the inventory on both health and levels, and align coverage with business targets;
- You develop reporting tools to improve the planning processes and to support business decisions.
The Demand Planner is a…
A proactive and highly analytical individual that shows strong capacity in problem solving and analysing data. You are invaluable in making forecasts, developing and implementing strategies impacting supply chain, You are one of the first people in the supply chain, and as such are integral to the correct flow of resources.
As an individual you have a can-do attitude, can easily make social contact, and have a strong understanding of supply chain and planning. You are disciplined and can work independently (even with a manager on the other side of the world). You have demonstrated strong understanding of supply chain, or demand planning. You have the ability to perform in a demanding, dynamic and highly visible organisation and you have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with other cultures and people.
The minimum requirements are:
- A. Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply-Chain or Engineering
- Fluent English; preferably Dutch, French or one of the Nordics languages
- At least 2-3 years experience in a supply chain planning role
- Excel and PowerPoint are not having any secrets for you;
- Working knowledge of demand planning processes and tools;
- experience with Blue Yonder (JDA) and Cognos is a plus
- APICS certification or equivalent a plus
Why should you apply?
You will have the opportunity to work in a multinational that will provide you with experiences that are beneficial for the rest of your career. This company provides a unique opportunity as they are still busy rolling out their activities across Europe in which you play an integral part. Furthermore, you will be part of a talented team of individuals, in a flat-organisational structure where contact lines with management are short and you are given considerable responsibilities.
If you are interested in this role we look forward to receiving your application. You can send your cv and motivation to j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl. We will do our best to respond within 5 working days, on the off chance they we do not manage, we regret to inform we have continued with other candidates.