Distribution Supervisor / Teamlead Warehousing
Are you the person who is leading a team by example? Do you have a background in supply chain, warehousing and/or logistics and do you feel comfortable sharing your knowledge or motivate a team of 50 people? Than this might be the next career opportunity for you;
Distribution Supervisor /
Contract: Client contract
About the organisation
The organisation is an international industry leading organisation in scientific supplies and services that show continuous growth and stability. They have a global footprint, hands-on management style, and short lines of contact. Their mission is to enable their customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Would you like to be part of this mission as well?
Together with their global team of more than 80,000 colleagues, they are delivering a combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services in multiple sectors.
In your role as Distribution Supervisor / Teamlead Warehousing you are managing and leading a team of 50+ colleagues with an eye for the human factor. You feel comfortable in a fast moving and international work environment with colleagues who work in order picking. Your responsibilities involve the full review, analysis, monitoring and managing of the daily warehousing and distribution activities. You feel most at home in a hands-on supply chain management role. You will be reviewing and taking part in implementing the new VMS where you are not afraid to speak up when you discover more effective improvements which can be made.
A summary of your tasks and responsibilities:
- In your role you are responsible for optimal leading a bigger team in an optimal way. The team consist of 50+ colleagues (including 4 Coordinators) who work in order picking and material handling.
- Daily you will be responsible for the planning of work and resources, and for coordinating this team.
- You are the kind of person who provides leadership by establishing clear expectations, and by coaching and by monitoring the employees.
- You will also be responsible for recruitment, onboarding, training, sick-leave management and for overall performance management of the team.
- Responsible for taking ownership in escalations.
- You drive and facilitate change and continuous improvements.
- You are motivated to achieving KPI's, along with a high standard of customer service.
Your profile as Distribution Supervisor / Teamlead Warehousing
- HBO level education or similar work experience on such level;
- 2+ years of leadership / supervising experience in a similar role;
- You can describe yourself as A can-do person with an enthusiastic and approachable;
- You encourage organizational improvements, growth and you support change. The glass is always half full;
- You lead by example; you are a team builder with a great sense of empathy;
- Able to operate in an international, multi-cultural environment;
- Flexible, and you can cope with deadlines;
- Knowledge of ERP systems like SAP or E1 and WMS systems is preferably but not a must (Currently they are implementing the WMS Manhattan Enterprise);
- Dutch and English in speaking and writing at a professional/high level (must)
What will you get in return?
You would be working in a large multinational with an outlook of a permanent contract. Secondly, the organisation is offering opportunities to grow in various places in the Netherlands or even in other countries if this is aligning your ambitions.
- Full time workweek (38.75hrs), from Monday till Friday (office hours)
- A monthly salary of EUR 3200 - EUR 3900.00 gross excl. holidays allowance
- Travel allowance
- Participation in a bonus scheme
- Discount on health assurance + 'Fietsplan'
- 28 holidays per year
Interested? Great! I, Jeanine Tukker, am looking forward to hear why you think you could be a suitable candidate for the position. You can share your update resume via j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl or feel free to reach out when you have additional questions. I am striving to get back to you within 5 working days when you meet the requirements set by my client.
All the best of luck and I hope to speak to you soon!