Finance Coordinator - Banking (MR-33903743)
Do you want to be part of a hard working and social team where you will have the opportunity to support the team during a transition? Are you experienced with accountancy or as a finance coordinator in a B2B environment and are you looking for an opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop your career? Because even if you only have a few years' experience, this could be the opportunity for you…
Finance Coordinator I Banking
For a minimum of 7 months (temporary assignment)
Contract: Full-time (40h) / 3 days working from home
Salary: EUR 2850.00 - 3150.00 gross/month excl. holidays allowance
The company is a multinational and well known in the retail industry. They have an international footprint, but are also still rapidly expanding in EMEA region. Due to this there is a strong entrepreneurial mentality requiring you to keep up pace in a fast changing organisation. You are not afraid to reach out of your comfort zone, and you get energy from communicating with different stakeholders throughout the organisation.
In your role as Finance Coordinator, you will perform a supervising role (instead of transactional) being the first point of contact between onshore and offshore shared services who are based in India, Malaysia and the BU in the US. You will assist and guide Business Unit's, MGSS teams & BPO with the resolution of any process, transactional, and technical issues to maintain ongoing client service and satisfaction.
But there is more what the job has to offer! You daily tasks and responsibilities will also exist out of;
- Define, assist with an action plan for process improvements identified by both MGSS and BPO;
- Manage fellow MGSS team members and BPO through improvement action plans
- Plan and review together with your stakeholders any structured support and training that may be required by the Business Units; i.e. Oracle training, new processes, MGSS onboarding;
- Performing both internal and external Business Controls; Month End closing Sox Controls as an example;
- Daily contact with the offshore BPO Team to support the processes performed by the MGSS
- Oversight and Support of Month End Processes; Reconciling Bank Balances to General Ledgers, validating that month end accounted cash positions are reflected accurately with full explanation on any reconciling differences;
- Enter and processing of payments for the Region directly in the banking terminal based on underlying request within agreed timelines;
- Working with our Corporate Banking Partners in region for resolution on any queries that are raised. (Payment Resolution, Remittance Confirmation etc.);
- Support preparation of Regional Cash Balances; with appropriate action taken / escalated to Regional Lead;
- Preparation of Regional Bank Charge Analysis; submitting Regional Charge Analysis to MGSS Tower Lead/MGSS Regional Lead;
- Preparation / Review of Intercompany Loan Positions.
The Finance Coordinator is a…
A proactive and highly analytical individual that shows strong capacity in problem solving and analysing data.
As an individual you have a can-do attitude, can easily make social contact as you are mainly working from home, and have a strong understanding of the above mentioned duties. You are disciplined and can work independently, people do not have to chase you continuously. You have the ability to perform in a demanding, dynamic and highly visible organisation and you have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with other cultures and people.
- Fluency in English (written & spoken)
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, etc.
- Knowledge, insight and interest in financial & accounting processes
- Experience in working with Oracle is a plus
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong Analytical & Problem-Solving skills
- Confident to recommend innovative solutions to issues
- Strong organizational skills / ability to prioritize and deliver
- Work experience in an international environment.
Why should you apply?
You will have the opportunity to work in a multinational that will provide you with experiences that are beneficial for the rest of your career. Furthermore, you will be part of a talented team of individuals, in a flat-organisational structure where contact lines with management are short and you are given considerable responsibilities. This position is initially temporary to cover leave of a team member but of course, if all goes well they will do anything to extend your employment.
In return you will receive a;
- 7 - 12 months contract provided by JP Gray with the possibility of an extension;
- EUR 2850.00 - 3150.00 gross per month excl. the holiday allowance;
- The flexibility to work from home (standard);
- A full time (40hrs) employment with flexible working hours. Usually everybody starts their weekend on Fridays at 1pm. A 36hr work week can be discussed, only when you can work 5 days.
- Travel allowance (when applicable);
- 25 holidays;
- Pension scheme from day 1.
If you are interested in this role we look forward to receiving your application. You can send your cv to Jeanine Tukker via j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl. We will do our best to respond within 5 working days, on the off chance they we do not manage, we regret to inform we have continued with other candidates.