General Ledger Accountant
Do you want to be part of a hard working and social team where you will have the opportunity to support the team during a transition? Are you experienced with accountancy or general ledger and are you looking for an opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop your career within an international environment? Because even if you only have a few years' experience, this could be the opportunity for you…
General Ledger Accountant
Contract: Full-time (40h) and for a minimum of 12 months
Salary: EUR 3800.00 - 4500.00 gross/month
The company is a multinational and well known in the retail industry. They have an international footprint, but are also still rapidly expanding in EMEA region. Due to this there is a strong entrepreneurial mentality requiring you to keep up pace in a fast changing organisation. You are not afraid to reach out of your comfort zone, and you get energy from communicating with different stakeholders throughout the organisation.
In your role as General Ledger Accountant, you are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functions for General Ledger to ensure the efficient, timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions. This position will apply the principles of accounting to analyse financial information, reconcile accounts, create adjustments, and prepare financial reports. In this role, you report to the Finance Manager who is also based in the Netherlands.
The reason why this role became vacant is due the ongoing projects which the team is currently working on. One of their largest projects is the upgrade of Oracle on a global scale and therefor the organisation is able to offer a minimum of 12 months employment to support them in their day to day duties.
But there is more what the job has to offer! You daily tasks and responsibilities will also exist out of;
- Financial close; Journal entry preparation / review / approval, reporting and analysis
- Account reconciliations: preparation / review / approval (researching and resolving variances)
- Analyze general ledger accounts for reasonableness and proper accounting flows
- Prepare financial analyses
- Perform ad hoc analysis as requested and communicate results effectively
- Partner with business finance teams on accounting matters
- Ensure financial results are reported timely and accurately
- Ensure process changes are in compliance with accounting / internal control policies
- Assist with Internal and external audit and related activities
The General Ledger Accountant is a…
A proactive and highly analytical individual that shows strong capacity in problem solving and analysing data.
As an individual you have a can-do attitude, can easily make social contact as you are mainly working from home, and have a strong understanding of the above mentioned duties. You are disciplined and can work independently, people do not have to chase you continuously. You have the ability to perform in a demanding, dynamic and highly visible organisation and you have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with other cultures and people.
- B.A. Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Fluent English; preferably French, Dutch or one of the Nordics languages
- At least 2-3 years experience in a similar described environment (Global Shared Service and BPO);
- Excel does not have any secrets for you;
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Why should you apply?
You will have the opportunity to work in a multinational that will provide you with experiences that are beneficial for the rest of your career. Furthermore, you will be part of a talented team of individuals, in a flat-organisational structure where contact lines with management are short and you are given considerable responsibilities.
In return you will receive a;
- 12 months contract provided by JP Gray with the possibility of an extension;
- EUR 3800 - 4500 gross per month excl. the holiday allowance;
- The flexibility to work from home (standard);
- A full time (40hrs) employment with flexible working hours. Usually everybody starts their weekend on Fridays at 1pm. A 36hr work week can be discussed, only when you can work 5 days.
- Travel allowance (when applicable);
- 25 holidays;
- Pension scheme from day 1.
If you are interested in this role we look forward to receiving your application. You can send your cv and motivation to j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl. We will do our best to respond within 5 working days, on the off chance they we do not manage, we regret to inform we have continued with other candidates.