GL Accountant (MR-33920040)
Do you want to be part of a hard working and social team? Are you experienced with accountancy or general ledger and are you looking for an opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop your career within an international environment? Because even if you only have a few years' experience, this could be the opportunity for you…
General Ledger Accountant
Contract: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Salary: EUR 3800.00 - 4800.00 gross/month
When you're part of the company, you'll do challenging work, and join a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, they give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
In your role as General Ledger Accountant, you will be responsible for providing financial control, analysis, and support to our GL Accounting Department. Responsible for the preparation and reporting of all Statutory reporting.
But there is more what the job has to offer! You daily tasks and responsibilities will also exist out of:
- preparing and entering journal entries into IBS Accounting System
- preparing monthly account reconciliations for assigned Balance Sheet Accounts.
- preparing Plans and Forecasts on assigned Balance Sheet Accounts
- assisting internal customers with queries
- assisting Accounting Manager with project work
- ensuring all the information included in the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheets are reviewed on a monthly basis in accordance with Corporate policy and Accounting standards
- Responsible for leading & controlling all aspects of the internal and external audits
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of:
- the annual Statutory Accounts
- the annual Corporation Tax returns
- the monthly VAT & Intrastat returns
- the weekly Ethanol returns
The General Ledger Accountant is a…
A proactive and highly analytical individual that shows strong capacity in problem solving and analysing data.
- Vocational/ Batchelor degree in the area of Finance/Accountancy
- Part qualified Accountant, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Knowledge and experience of accounting packages including Hyperion & ERP systems and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Significant experience (5 years) in Finance & Accounting
- Experienced and competent in the preparation of monthly accounting reporting.
- Ability to accurately follow departmental procedures and timelines relating to accounting procedures.
- Highly proficient in financial planning and forecasting.
- Able to work as both part of a team, across functions and on their own initiative, be flexible, and review current practices with the target of improving the department to achieve modern best practices.
- Maintain effective communication both internally and externally with Auditors (ESJ), Tax authorities & Government bodies.
Why should you apply?
You will have the opportunity to work in a multinational that will provide you with experiences that are beneficial for the rest of your career. Furthermore, you will be part of a talented team of individuals, in a flat-organisational structure where contact lines with management are short and you are given considerable responsibilities.
In return you will receive a;
- Competitive salary
- The flexibility to work from home (standard);
- A full time (40hrs) employment with flexible working hours
- Travel allowance (when applicable);
- 25 holidays;
- Pension scheme from day 1
- 6,5 ADV days
If you are interested in this role we look forward to receiving your application. You can send your cv and motivation to k.wajer(a)jpgray.nl. We will do our best to respond within 5 working days, on the off chance they we do not manage, we regret to inform we have continued with other candidates.