Head of AML
Location: Amsterdam First contract: 12 month Salary: Competitive Languages: English
Head of AML
Where will you work?
You will be part of an international organisation specialised in Financial Services for customers all over the world. For almost 80 years this company provides their clients with setting up alternative investment funds. Their client portfolio consists of private persons, investors and multinationals. Worldwide you will be working along six-thousand colleagues spread over forty-five countries.
What they have in common is that they are all proud of being part of such a great company that aims to always provide excellent service to their clients and a good work-life balance for their employees. The company is expanding rapidly, what creates many opportunities for you as an employee.
What you will be doing as a Head of AML?
As Head of AML you will manage a team of five AML Officers. Together you are responsible for protecting, preserving and enhancing the assets of the clients. The AML Department covers three European baking locations. The main task as a team is to screen and monitor the transaction of the clients and check if they are compliant with the AML regulations.
- You will monitor the clients' activities and handle the alerts reported by the AML monitoring system;
- As Head of AML you are analyzing possible patterns based on the results of the monitoring and screening process, to gain more insight in the risk profiles of the clients.
- Identify questionable transactions;
- When you suspect violations of the law such as money laundering, you will report this to the Compliance Officer.
Profile of Head of AML
- Bachelor's Degree / Master's Degree;
- Fluent in English;
- You understand how data analysing impacts the IT Department;
- Understanding of the CTF framework;
- A strong communicator and sparring partner for both internal as external parties;
- At least seven years of experience with AML in a Financial service industry;
- Experience with leading a team as Team lead / Manager;
- Strong analytical and research skills;
- Positive and pro-active attitude;
- A good team player who can work within a dynamic environment.
Interested or just curious?
The company offers a great working environment, starting with a contract of twelve months with possibility of conducting an indefinite contract. If you are interested in this role please apply via the website or contact Thisiera Badal t.badal(a)jpgray.nl.