Learning & Development Consultant
(Senior) Learning and Development Consultant
Hours: Full time (37,5 hrs)
Language: Dutch & English
Contract: 2 positions open: one for six months (with possible extension) and one long-term
About the role
You will be working for an international and purpose driven organization that has a sharp focus on training and development. They go above and beyond to ensure that you have adequate support to excel in your career.
The role is based in Amsterdam although working remotely for the foreseeable future.
In this role, you'll be responsible for delivering world class learning content resources & programs that enable individual and business performance across the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Spain and Dubai. You would be a member of the regional L&D team and would be facilitating a broad range of online and classroom-based training, starting with inductions and through to both sales & non-sales. If you're an L&D professional, with both sales and non-sales training experience, and are seeking a new challenge we'd love to hear from you.
A summary of your tasks and responsibilities:
You'll deliver best-in-class training programmes to our sales, support and management populations, that drive individuals to contribute to successful business performance. You'll partner with the broader business to leverage subject matter expertise to create highly engaging learning environments. Working as part of the global and regional L&D functions, you'll support 'one team' learning to promote Operating Principles.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creatively utilise various learning methodologies to encourage participation and motivate learners
- Use evaluation data to refine training delivery for continuous improvement
- Lead new starters through the induction programme
- Coach small and large teams to increase performance and capability
- Develop coaching goals and plans and establish coaching agreements
- Build expert knowledge of relevant virtual/classroom programmes and LMS content
- Promote a collaborative knowledge culture within region acting as an ambassador for L&D products and sign-posting learners to relevant content
- Use business insight to help shape future learning content, working collaboratively with regional head and the design team
- Facilitate social learning by bringing groups and communities together
- Support the development of a knowledge management infrastructure
- Evaluate results against team/regional goals
- Understand and effectively utilise the functionality of available technology e.g. Teams/Zoom/Yammer/Virtual Classroom tools etc.
- Embrace technological change, researching and learning new technologies to improve the learning and user experience
- Manage regional stakeholders and project team member relationships
To be qualified for this challenging opportunity, you will recognize yourself in the following:
- Have experience of delivering classroom and virtual learning interventions
- Proven experience of working as both part of an L&D team and independently
- Articulates and simplifies messages to engage others
- Adapt style/language to meet the needs of diverse audiences
- Frame messages in line with audience experience, background, and expectations
- Demonstrate active listening skills
- Ask powerful questions and tests understanding
- Confidently handle objections and challenges
- Skilled facilitator with the ability to share credible and relevant stories
- Deliver constructive feedback
- Able to participate & contribute at management meetings (team and business)
- Well planned and structured approach
- Able to prioritise workload to reflect the priorities of the business
What will you get in return?
The company pride themselves on being a true meritocracy, where our employees' hard work is valued and well rewarded. What they offer:
- Competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Extensive employee benefits system
If you are interested in this role please apply via the website or contact Katarzyna Wajer via k.wajer(a)jpgray.nl.