Contract: Full time / min. 3 months contract
About the organisation
You will have the opportunity to work within an international and very dynamic organisation. They operate in 75+ countries and employ around 30,000+ talented people who are passionate about delivering the products and services to their customers expect. They believe, in their most appreciated values in order to achieve their goal by being 1) Customer focused, 2) Deliver on commitments, 3) Passion for excellence and 4) Winning together.
About the role
The main objective of the Legal Counsel is to work with business colleagues worldwide to exploit Intellectual Properties, mitigate IP risks and establishing collaborative agreements with third parties. The focus of the job will be on handling IP agreements and handling trademarks and copyright matters. The IP Counsel must have command of IP laws and drafting skills and use their knowledge to help our businesses achieve their goals while minimizing legal risk. From this position you will report direct to the Director Intellectual Property.
All days are different and your tasks will variate from dedicating time to prosecuting trademark applications or instructing others to do the same. Another day the IP counsel will have discussions with the business management how to structure the agreement around a technical collaboration with a third party. During the week you will also assessing or advising the Senior Counsel on the business value of purchasing third parties.
What the organisation expects from you
You are able to quickly prioritize issues and manage your workload accordingly, by takin a risk/value based approach. Besides, you are in control of stakeholder management on all levels and you feel comfortable in communication with all parties involved. With your expertise and legal knowledge you are able to make the translation towards your colleagues and making clear legal arguments when required.
- Master of Law, with emphasis on contract law and intellectual property;
- Preferably you have 4-6 years of relevant working experience at a law firm or a multi-national corporation;
- Solid knowledge of contract law and experience with drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of IP agreements.
- You can think of license agreements, joint development agreements, confidentiality agreements, co-existence agreements.
- You have an excellent skill set; Analytical, counselling, negotiating, communication and ethical judgment.
- You feel comfortable working as a steam member across the region and the world.
What will you get in return;
If you are seeking a job opportunity where you will becoming part of a well-known organisation and offering the change to influence current improvement processes within Intellectual Property, than this might be a very interesting career step.
- A full time workweek (40hrs). You will be based in the Amsterdam office.
- 3 months contract via JP Gray. There is a possibility for extension or to obtain a company contract; the position has become available due extra activities. We align with company CAO and Jeanine (JP Gray) will be more than happy to tell you more about this.
- Salary indication goes up to max. EUR 6000 gross per month incl. travel allowance, excl. holiday allowance (8%) and bonus.
- 25 holidays based on a full time employment during the first 6 months;
Please get in contact with Jeanine Tukker (j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl) when you would like to receive more information. * Interviews will be taken place on short notice.