Legal Counsel (MR-33950048)
For one of our trusted fashion retail partners I'm looking for an experienced interim legal counsel for their employment team. So do you have experience in developing and implementing strategies? Please continue reading!
Job: Legal Counsel a.i.
Industrie: Fashion Retail
Contract: 3 months (extension possible)
As an interim Legal Counsel you are a member of the Legal team. We implement best in class initiatives to ensure the physical, social and psychological well-being of all company associates. This includes health and wellness, employee relations, and service excellence, training, career development, compensation and benefit programs, recognition and reward programs. All these topics are linked to employment law. Employment law is therefore an important pillar of the Legal Department. You are a member of the Employment team and will be responsible for providing advice to Human Resources (HR) and other internal stakeholders in all areas of employment law. You will also develop and implement strategies, policies and best practices to align with emerging legal requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Implement and drive the Employment strategy across your areas of responsibility, including:
- Provide advice to our HR teams on employment law issues, including hiring, employee relation matters, discipline, terminations, compensation and benefits;
- Review and develop Human Resources policies and best practices for our Dutch entities as well as our European entities;
- Lead or provide advice and mentor ship to our Employee Experience team on internal investigations. Recommends and helps implement appropriate actions;
- Negotiate individual settlements;
- Review and draft Employment related agreements, including employment contracts and settlement agreements;
- Assist in developing, implementing, improving and reviewing legal compliance projects and training;
- Monitor case law, legislation, and policy in your areas of responsibility, and identify opportunities where we should influence developments.
Requirements and personal skills:
- Passionate and knowledgeable Employment lawyer (with LL.M degree of a Dutch University, specialised in Employment law) with 6-10 years of directly relevant experience, preferably including both private practice and in-house legal experience;
- Ability to render legal advice with business acumen and sound judgement;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in all interactions with senior management, corporate departments and all levels of associates;
- Developed business insight with ability to understand the company's business and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings;
- Ability to collaborate effectively and positively with others;
- Problem-solving attitude and strong organisational skills;
- Eye for detail, structured mindset and accurate;
- Proactive, hands-on approach and self-starting;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and fluent level in English, both spoken and written.
Do you consider yourself as the right candidate for this position? Please reach out to me via d.piris(a)jpgray.nl OR via 020-5221260