Logistics & Shipping - Development program (MR-33767717)
Are you ready to step into the world of operations, trade and supply? Do you want to be part of a hardworking, ambitious and enthusiastic team of people? Than this might be an interesting opportunity for you.
Development program - Logistics & Supply Chain graduates
Contract: Full-time (40h)
Industry: Oil & Gas
Where will you work?
The company you will work for is a global firm which is active in more than 70 countries. Respect, Honesty and Integrity are their core values and together with +80k colleagues worldwide you are daily working according to these values. What does this mean for you? Trust, teamwork, professionalism and pride are being promoted when conducting your tasks and responsibilities. If you need support, a certified learning and development team is there for you to help and reaching your goals. On a professional and personal level!
This division specifically is the principal trading and shipping business within the organisation itself. It is made up of a network of independent companies that trade in their own right, but also leverage the opportunities open to a global organisation by sharing information, advice and best practice.
The organisation trades the equivalent of about 14 million barrels of oil per day - this is made up of crude oil, refined products, chemicals, natural gas, electrical power, biofuels and environmental products. With the skill base and international scope to capitalise on trading opportunities in the companies asset and market positions around the world, their key trading and marketing operations are based in North and South America, Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Health, Safety, Security and Environment is at the core of what they do and every individual is contributing to this value every single day.
This unique development program is an opportunity for ambitious, eager to learn and enthusiastic individuals who are interested in becoming future professionals within trade and supply operations. The duration of the programme is two years where you get the opportunity to experience various positions within the fields of Trading Operations. The program aims to develop you to be an experienced team member with a lot of knowledge gained in a short amount of time. Once you completed the program, it is up to you to work hand in hand with the traders where you will guide their distribution in the right direction. You will be the first contact for the ports worldwide, the Traders, the customs and internal contacts.
To apply successfully for this program you need to have or show;
You are seeking a challenging job opportunity with the willingness to learn. You are a service oriented person that shows strong character and communication skills. With some professional experience, you've shown you can work to guidelines and that you're a positive, helpful team member. You're a good listener and questioner with attention to detail and the ability to remain courteous to your internal stakeholder - even if you're dealing with a difficult situation.
To qualify yourself for this job opportunity, you can recognise yourself in the following;
- Bachelor (HBO) with up to 3 years working experience and strong interest in either Supply chain, Trading or Oil & Freight Operations.
- Fluent in English and Dutch. German and French language skills are an advantage.
- Good communication & analytic skills.
- Resilient and have the ability to plan your activities and work with sometimes conflicting deadlines in order to comply with business needs and policy guidelines.
- A good team player, confident and self-motivated, your excellent interpersonal and communication skills mean you'll be able to liaise effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasking self-starter and after training, capable of working alone without supervision.
What will you get in return;
You will have the opportunity to work for an international company and accelerate the start of your career. There is always someone ready to jump in and help out, and the same is expected of you. Furthermore, they believe that hard work should pay off, creating new opportunities for you to grow.
- Full time workweek (40hrs) with the possibility to work from home
- 12 months contract provided by JP Gray, 1st month is your probation period
- 25 holidays + 12 ATV per year
- Salary indication between EUR 2800.00 - EUR 3500 gross per month, depending on your experience excl. holiday allowance
- Pension plan from day 1
- 100% Travel allowance when travelling wiht public transport
- Educational budget
If you are interested in this role please apply via the website, Linked In or contact Jeanine Tukker via j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl. I would be more than happy to answer your questions in case you have them.
We always strive to respond to all applications within 5 working days. Sometimes due to the number of responses we cannot, as well if you do not meet the language requirement no response will be submitted. If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
NOTE: Only applications from candidates living in the Netherlands will be revised.