Logistics Planner (MR-34003897)
Location: Rotterdam (walking distance central station)
Contract: Full-time (39h)
Salary indication EUR 3000 - 3600 gross per month excl. holiday allowance
Where will you work?
The company you will work for is an international organization and one the most innovative producer where they are providing materials and applications in the automotive, electrical, medical, optical media and building & construction industries. The Supply Chain team is part of the EMEA functional commercial organization and is responsible for all European customers together with Sales and Business management.
What will you do as a Logistics Planner?
As a Logistics Planner you will be responsible for creating, scheduling, and managing all incoming and outgoing shipments at the assigned plant(s). You will oversee transportation planning for assigned customers and manage the transit of inventory to the assigned partners. Besides your daily tasks and responsibilities, you will play a pivot role in utilizing and developing sustainable systems and standard operating procedures and helping to maintain master data integrity.
An overview of your standard tasks and responsibilities will be:
* Plan and execute shipment of raw materials and finished goods from shipping facilities to customer locations in a timely and cost-effective manner.
* Track and Trace shipments to ensure on-time error free delivery to customer locations effectively communicating exceptions to appropriate contacts.
* Support the operations by working closely with Carriers, Customer Service, and shipping facility personnel. This involves developing work procedures and streamlining work activities: identify, investigate and eliminate recurring problems.
* Handle operational issues that arise and escalates with Carriers and Supervision as necessary. Work with Materials handling to ensure efficient loading operations and carrier pick-up scheduling.
* Provide expertise on functional and cross-functional teams, special projects, etc.; be knowledgeable of procedures and utilize knowledge to work directly with functional groups to obtain resolution.
* Identify, support or implement process design/modifications identified as result of audits, Lean, Six- Sigma or other initiatives.
* Improve transport planning effectiveness via development and/or enhancement of planning models, processes and tools. Share Best Practices with planning community.
* Lead or serve as Logistics Representative on cross functional teams.
* Provides in-depth analysis of delivery reliability data and monitors for on-going systemic issues.
* Identify opportunities to improve cost and carriers service levels to meet customer demands.
* Drive resolution to urgent customer needs as well as responding to non-conformance /complaint resolution.
* appropriate. Update transportation management system with current shipment information.
What will you get in return?
It's a rewarding, responsible and fulltime position - there's a high level of ownership and you'll be able to take pride in delivering a successful trading process. You will have the opportunity to work for an international company, with the possibility of obtaining an indefinite contract. The team you will be part of is very diverse and supportive. There is always someone ready to jump in and help out, and the same is expected of you.
* Fulltime employment of 39hrs per week
o Hybrid way of working is standard
* Travelling to Middelburg and Antwerpen (occasionally)
* 25 holidays per annum
* Travel allowance
* Educational budget
* Pension plan from day 1
To apply successfully for this job opportunity, we ask you to bring knowledge and experience in:
* 3-5+ years' experience in logistics, transportation, distribution, order fulfilment or similar role;
* Intermediate to advanced skill level and understanding of transit times and logistics
* Experience with a transportation management, warehouse management, or ERP tool such as SAP ERP;
* Strong organization and time management skills to effectively manage work and multiple tasks to execute tasks in a timely manner with a sense of urgency
* Able to interact and communicate professionally and effectively across functions and all levels within the organization
* Highly detail-oriented
* Problem-solving skills
You will have the opportunity to work for an international company, with the possibility of obtaining a long-term contract. If you are interested in this role please apply via the website or contact Jeanine Tukker via j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl.
We always strive to respond to all applications within 5 working days. Sometimes due to the number of responses we cannot. If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates