Contract: Full time (40hrs, from Monday till Friday)
Duration: June - December 2021 (extension is possible)
Languages: Dutch & English (required)
About the organisation
This organisation is well known in the specialty chemical industry and delivers everyday products for manufactures such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. They have about 11 thousand employees and operate in 80 countries around the world. They have earned a place among the best performing companies in the chemical industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and reliability.
About the job
The Logistics Specialist OCEAN/ SEA is responsible for completion of daily modal logistics activities including shipment planning, execution, monitoring, and reporting for assigned respective mode of transport in alignment with cost and service target.
Your key responsibilities is to perform all transportation planning, executing, and monitoring for the modal transportation mode according to the defined processes and targets set by the organisation.
A summary your weekly tasks and responsibilities;
- Perform all transportation planning, executing, and monitoring for the modal transportation mode according to defined processes;
- Conduct transportation planning activities including capacity planning, shipment and fleet planning, carrier selection, routing, scheduling, tendering, and load building;
- Conduct transportation booking activities;Complete shipping documentation and coordinate with site logistics to execute shipments and gather necessary documentation;
- Monitor shipments and resolve exceptions as they arise;
- Track and monitor logistics provider, customer, and organisation logistics KPIs and cost performance
- Support freight cost payment, management, and invoicing;
- Develop performance reports for review with Regional Logistics Team Lead;
- Maintain relationships with logistics providers and support Regional Logistics Team Lead in conducting performance reviews;
- Identify frequency and cause of service failures and work with Regional Logistics Team Lead to develop plans to identify solutions;
- Support acquisition of transport mode capacity including spot booking;
- Support process improvement efforts as directed by the Regional Logistics Team Lead;
- Dependent on the volume of shipments, the Logistics Specialist may be assigned tasks to support other modes than the assigned main mode as well.
What will you get in return?
An opportunity to be part of the one most innovative organisation in the world. You will be working in an international and dynamic work environment and be part of a professional procurement team.
- First contract will be from June 2021 till December 2021, extension is possible;
- Full time work week (40hrs);
- It is not possible to work freelance because the intention is to offer a company contract afterwards;
- Salary indication depends on the experience you bring into the organisation;
- Travel allowance;
- 25 holidays per year based on a full time employment.
Your profile as a Logistics Specialist
- You have minimum two years of experience in logistics, preferably in a similar industry and/or environment;
- You have a relevant educational background in logistics, supply chain or similar;
- You are fluent in English and Dutch, both languages are required (knowledge of German is a pre);
- You are have the ability to troubleshoot and quickly develop a solution suitable for all involved stakeholders;
- You have the ability to use data to support decision making and develop solutions to present to the leaders;
- You have an understanding of the modal transport market or strong affinity with it;
- You are a team player, able to work under some supervision but also to take the initiatives when necessary;
- Working knowledge and/or history of using SAP, TMS, WMS and MS Office.
- You are full time available.
Does this sounds like an interesting job opportunity to you?
If you are interested in this role or you have any questions than please apply via the job board or email Jeanine Tukker to receive more information (j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl)