Logistics Specialist (MR-33965581)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Contract: 6 months
About the organization;
The organization is active within the chemical industry .
About the job
The Logistics Specialist ROAD/ RAIL is responsible for completion of daily modal logistics activities including shipment planning, execution, monitoring, and reporting for assigned respective mode of transport in alignment with cost and service target.
Perform all transportation planning, executing, and monitoring for the modal transportation mode according to defined processes and targets.
Your daily responsibilities are:
- Perform all transportation planning, executing, and monitoring for the modal transportation mode according to defined processes
- Conduct transportation planning activities including capacity planning, shipment and fleet planning, carrier selection, routing, scheduling, tendering, and load building
- Conduct transportation booking activities
- Complete shipping documentation and coordinate with site logistics to execute shipments and gather necessary documentation
- Monitor shipments and resolve exceptions as they arise
- Track and monitor logistics provider, customer, and organization logistics KPIs and cost performance
- Support freight cost payment, management, and invoicing
- Develop performance reports for review with Regional Logistics Team Lead
- Maintain relationships with logistics providers and support Regional Logistics Team Lead in conducting performance reviews
- Identify frequency and cause of service failures and work with Regional Logistics Team Lead to develop plans to identify solutions
- Support acquisition of transport mode capacity including spot booking
- Support process improvement efforts as directed by the Regional Logistics Team Lead
- You have minimum two years of experience in logistics
- You have a relevant educational background
- You have experience with road and rail shipping
- You have experience with customs
- Fluent in English and Dutch (knowledge of German is a pre)
If you are interested in this role please apply via the website or contact Katarzyna Beller-Wajer via k.wajer(a)jpgray.nl.