Operations & Trade Support
Are you ready to step into the world of operations, trade and supply? Do you want to be part of a hardworking, ambitious and enthusiastic team of people? Are you looking for a role where you can be in charge of operational processes and develop your project management skills? Than this might be an interesting opportunity for you.
Operations & Trade support
Contract: Full-time (40h);
Industry: Raw materials
Where will you work?
The company you will work for is a global firm in the specialty chemical industry. They are gaining their success and rapid growth due their strategy which is based on the innovation and sustainable development pillars, focusing on ensuring operational excellence, innovating in solutions for a better life and developing an increasingly sustainable product portfolio. Sounds interesting right? There are concrete initiatives in this sense, such as the release of green plastic, produced from a sustainable source, and the continuous evolution of its health, safety, and environment performance indicators.
In your role, you will be challenged every day by managing multiple cross-boarder contacts throughout the entire process. It is up to you to contact those involved in the process, such as the Traders, Finance department, Master Data and Supply chain for whom you are a point-of-contact. This requires insight, anticipation, pro-activeness and oversight. We are therefore looking for people who keep a cool head to effectively solve problems and achieve a good result.
In your role as Operations & Trade Support, you are responsible for the coordination of administrative and the financial aspects of the post-deal trading activity assuring accuracy in the accounting records and compliance with corporate procedures. The positions purpose is to support the team with the operational tasks, current projects and new operations set up. Initially the contract will be for 12 months and during your employment, suitable career opportunities will be identified matching your ambitions, interest and capacities.
Your primary task and responsibility is to support the trader(s) during the post trading phase. Here you can find a summary of your responsibilities;
- Direct interface with front office to ensure the accuracy of data recorded in the ERP system;
- You perform monthly controls to assure accuracy of information and conformity with procedures and audit requirements which are essential for the business;
- You coordinate and ensure secured payables/receivables of material and services;
- You coordinate payment of administrative expenses, including signatures to publications and systems, seminars, etc.;
- You liaise with corporate support teams such as finance and IT regarding system postings and improvements, new procedures workflow, among other subjects and alignments;
- You actively participate in projects for processes and systems enhancements and automation;
- You perform tasks dealing with analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of SAP/IT project assignments (related to Accounting, Pricing & Sox Controls);
What our client is looking for in the next Operations & Trade Support colleague;
You are seeking a challenging job opportunity with the willingness to learn and where you can either participate or perhaps lead project regarding process improvement. You are a service oriented person that shows strong character and has a strong analytical capacity. You have proven that you can take ownership of tasks and solve issues using your judgement and discretion. With some professional experience, you've shown you can work to guidelines and that you're a positive, helpful team member. You're a good listener and questioner with attention to detail and the ability to remain courteous to your internal stakeholder - even if you're dealing with a difficult situation.
To qualify yourself for this job opportunity, you can recognize yourself in the following;
- You have the ability to prioritise the work load, work on tight deadlines and be able to work under pressure;
- You are be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail;
- You are not afraid of critically checking deal entries versus relevant documentation to identify issues and exposures and giving constructive feedback to minimize risks;
- You are fluent English;
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Engineering or Diploma in a relevant field is highly preferred;
- Prior experience with SAP or other enterprise software(s) required;
- Advanced Excel and other Microsoft Office tools is required;
- 2-3 years of prior experience with back office work will be an advantage (trading or contract management is highly preferred);
- Demonstrate very strong analytical skills and attention to details;
- Effective organizational skills;
- Effective communication skills;
- Demonstrate ability to well understand priorities, effectively multitask and meet critical deadlines;
- Ability to receive and provide strong and constructive feedbacks.
What will you get in return;
You will have the opportunity to work for an international company. There is always someone ready to jump in and help out, and the same is expected of you. Furthermore, they believe that hard work should pay off, creating new opportunities for you to grow.
- Full time workweek (40hrs) with the possibility to work from home
- 12 months contract provided by JP Gray
- 25 holidays
- Salary indication between EUR 3500.00 - EUR 4000.00 gross per month, depending on your experience
- Holiday allowance
- Pension plan from day 1
- Travel expenses when applicable (currently working remote).
If you are interested in this role please apply via the website, Linked In or contact Jeanine Tukker via j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl. I would be more than happy to answer your questions in case you have them.
We always strive to respond to all applications within 5 working days. Sometimes due to the number of responses we cannot, as well if you do not meet the language requirement no response will be submitted. If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.