Payroll Specialist (MR-33911361)
Are you the person who is leading a team by example and who is driven by continuous process improvement? If you are comfortable in working in a large and corporate environment where there is plenty of room for personal and professional growth than you might want to read this vacancy text carefully.
Languages: Dutch and English
Availability: interim or long term
Where will you work?
You will work within an international company that is active in over 70 countries worldwide. They are one of the biggest innovators in the food industry where they are striving on a daily basis, together with 155 000 colleagues, creating a more sustainable world. They combine 155 years of experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries. Impressive right!
In your role as Payroll Specialist, you will apply technical knowledge to accomplish moderately complex payroll activities. In this role, you will coordinate the payroll for the company. This includes running payroll to company deadlines, coordinating & checking payroll, ensure compliance for country regulations, preparing reports and setting up payments in a timely & accurate manner.
A summary of the daily responsibilities;
- Handle key requirements on new regulations to advise the team on specific law updates for a country or region.
- Ensure payroll set up meets legal, fiscal and company requirements and records are aligned to guidelines.
- Provide counseling and advise on local technical payroll regulations.
- Ensure accurate payroll process for transfers and related activities.
- Analyze and review current payroll to improve methods and control implementation.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans and collective agreement provisions.
- Maintain and reconcile payroll records and verify and administer payroll data.
- Audit and handle payroll legislation compliance.
- Answer questions from employees and supervisors regarding payroll matters.
- Be responsible for data validation and resolving discrepancies.
- Coordinate payroll approvals & funding instructions with the Treasury Team.
- Act as SME on payroll topics.
- Reply to tax notices, wage orders, government correspondences, and verification of employments.
- Support various internal and external audits.
- Provide payroll feedback and data when required to support ongoing HR projects.
- Drives execution and consistency of payroll process; adherence to controls and implementation of business changes.
What we would like or require to see back in your profile to apply successfully;
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholders such as other HR functions, employees and managers.
- Previous experience in a human resources, finance or administration role
- Exposure to human resources tools and ADP Global View payroll system
- Previous experience in partner management
What will you get in return?
You will be working in a large multinational with an outlook of a permanent contract. Secondly, the organisation is offering opportunities to grow in various places in the Netherlands or even in other countries if this is aligning your ambitions.
- Full time workweek (40 hours), from Monday till Friday (office hours);
- The office is based at Schiphol and you are free to work from home as well;
- Flexible working hours;
- A competitive monthly salary which excludes travel allowance (when applicable);
- Standard 25 holidays excl. ATV
Interested? Great! I, Katarzyna Beller-Wajer, am looking forward to hear why you think you could be a suitable candidate for the position. You can share your update resume via j.tukkerk.wajer(a)jpgray.nl which will be handled in a discrete way by myself.
Please note than only applications from candidates will be considered who are currently living in the Netherlands and hold a valid work permit.
All the best of luck and I hope to speak to you soon!