People Operations Specialist (MR-34039585)
Are you looking for a challenging position within human resources department of an international and innovative company in Amsterdam? Do you want to be part of a hardworking and enthusiastic team of people? Are you looking for a role where you can learn a lot. This might be interesting for you.
People Operations Specialist
Language: English a
Contract: 6 months (initially, then possibility to obtain a long term contract)
Availability: 40 hours a week
Where will you work?
The company you will work at the global international company within the team consisting of people with different backgrounds and cultures.
As a People Operations Specialist you will provide first line communication to employees in a customer-focused manner and execute the administrative activities related to the employee lifecycle. You will work with stakeholders within the company to identify trends and issues to recommend solutions and ensure continuous process improvement.
The People Operations Specialist contributes to the employee experience for their region(s) or country (countries) supported.
The People Operations Specialist sets and achieves day-to-day objectives that will have an impact on the work of payroll and other People Services tracks. The output of the work serves as a base for other sub-departments within the People department and is of importance to the employees and managers.
This role is the front line communication point for the employee questions and therefore has a direct impact on employee satisfaction and a positive experience.
The People Operations Specialist will communicate with both employees as well as managers, with other sub-departments within the People department but also with external parties. He/she will explain policies, practices and facts to them. The People Operations Specialist will also obtain and provide information to others within the organization where tact is required to avoid conflict.
The People Operations Specialist is the first point of contact for HR related matters, and with that in the position to gather extensive data from employee's questions and experiences. As such, they can identify areas of improvement in order to remove friction from the employee's and manager's lifecycle.
What you will be doing a People Operations Specialist:
- Respond to written and verbal inquiries in accordance with SLAs from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of resolving problems, providing information and/or referring to the appropriate COE or person.
- Identifying relevant trends and issues for recommending or implementing a remediation plan by using various systems and by speaking to stakeholders in the company to ensure the employees' needs are met and that processes are optimized.
- Administer people processing procedures that occur throughout the employee life cycle with agreed SLAs.
- Administer up-to-date processes, procedures and documents, aligned with standard operating procedures as well as current local employment law and legislation.
- Maintain and administer the company's global HR system and tools.
- Document all internal queries according to standard operating procedures.
- Maintain records and employee files.
- Prepare and coordinate the actions around Payroll change reports and reviews according to pre-agreed timeline.
- Ensure data quality and execute appropriate audit procedures in accordance with Risk & Compliance controls.
- Explain regulations, policies, or procedures to employees and managers.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders on the on the continued updating of the employee handbook and HR content
- Organize and support facilitation of regional People events such as Ask.HR days.
- Support onboarding new People Operations Specialists and the onboarding of direct stakeholders regarding the People Operations processes.
- Liaise and partner with country specific stakeholders such as Advisory, Payroll, Recruitment, and other internal support functions and external vendors.
- Support various People initiatives, including project implementation and new procedures.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution preferably in Human Resources or Business Administration preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a similar capacity including data processing within a customer-facing environment, human resources experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of People database systems, preferably Workday and ticketing system SNow
- Excellent English written and spoken skills
- Computer skills (SAP, Workday, MS Office, Google Suite, Intermediate Proficiency in Excel)
- Basic knowledge of local labour law preferred
- Good communication skills
- Accuracy and eye for detail
What will you get in return?
- 40 hours work week
- Competitive salary
- Holidays allowance
- 25 holidays based on fulltime / yearly basis
- Experience in an international company
You will have the opportunity to work for an international company, with the possibility of obtaining a long term contract. There is always someone ready to jump in and help, and the same is expected of you. Furthermore, they believe that hard work pays off, creating ample new opportunities for you to grow.
If you are interested in this role please apply via the website or contact Katarzyna Beller-Wajer via k.wajer(a)jpgray.nl.