Planner / Jetty Scheduler
Are you ready to step into the world of operations, trade and supply? Do you want to be part of a hardworking, ambitious and enthusiastic team of people? Are you looking for a role where you are part of the bigger operational processes and develop professional skills? Than this might be an interesting opportunity for you.
Planner / Jetty Scheduler
Contract: Full-time (40h);
Languages: English and Dutch (both mandatory)
Where will you work?
The company you will work for is a global firm which is active in more than 70 countries. Respect, Honesty and Integrity are their core values and together with +80k colleagues worldwide you are daily working according to these values. What does this mean for you? Trust, teamwork, professionalism and pride are being promoted when conducting your tasks and responsibilities. If you need support, a certified learning and development team is there for you to help and reaching your goals. On a professional and personal level!
This division specifically is the principal trading and shipping business within the organisation itself. It is made up of a network of independent companies that trade in their own right, but also leverage the opportunities open to a global organisation by sharing information, advice and best practice.
What you will be doing as Planner / Jetty Scheduler
It is diverse role with a strong focus on scheduling but also part commercial operations. The purpose of your role is to optimize the use of the jetty capacity at three different locations in Rotterdam within environmental and logistical constraints such that required volume is delivered against lowest costs and meeting customers' expectations. You will be the advisor and supporter during the co-ordination for nautical cargo handling activities on behalf of the organisation in the Rotterdam area.
Summary of the core responsibilities;
- You provide a timely and correct month plan of the jetties available (including scheduled maintenance) to all Product Lines, Barge Schedulers and Supply Planners;
- You optimize and maximize the capacity utilization of the jetties by planning and preparing (daily) programs for incoming ships & barges for loading and discharging oil products, to fulfil customer requirements and limit the risk on demurrage;
- You are able to define, address, and resolve any upcoming issues that may obstruct a flawless supply chain process during the ship and shore interface for the short and medium term.
- You identify and capture cost saving opportunities by challenging Supply and Marine programs by pursuing the right balance between Supply security and lowest total Marine costs;
- One of the most important key responsibilities is that you build and maintain sustainable and effective relationships with internal stakeholders as well as the 3rd party service providers to ensure a smooth and cost-efficient process;
It's a rewarding, responsible position - there's a high level of ownership and you'll be able to take pride in managing and optimizing the physical supply chain. The goal is to deliver the right product to the right place on time and maximize the overall margin potential across the different lines of businesses and create value for business. You will not to this alone; 6 other colleagues are there to jump in when needed and the same is expected from you!
What the Planner / Jetty Scheduler profile looks like:
You are a service oriented person that shows strong character and who find yourself comfortable in working under pressure..
- You have knowledge of ship/shore assets either via an internship or work experience;
- You have a good working knowledge of HSSE requirements of various products, preferably in dangerous goods;
- Your are a good communicator who is able to influence others;
- You are a self motivated, analytical and problem solving person who does not mind to roll up their sleeves when necessary;
- Thorough knowledge of Inco Terms;
- You have proven experience that shows your understanding the objective and structure of 3rd part logistic contracts;
- Fluency in Dutch & English is required, German is advantageous.
What will you get in return?
You will have the opportunity to work global company with the possibility of obtaining a permanent contract. The team you will be part of is very diverse, and supportive and the organisation has the tools to provide you with knowledge, training and courses to optimize your future career chances.
- Full time workweek (40hours from Monday till Friday);
- 12 months contract via JP Gray where your first month will be your probation month;
- Salary indication of EUR 2800.00 till EUR 3600.00 gross per month excl. holiday allowance (8.33%);
- 25 holidays based on full time + ATV;
- Travel allowance ;
- Flexible working hours;
- Option to build your pension from day 1.
If you are interested in this role please apply via the website, Linked In or contact Jeanine Tukker via j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl. I would be more than happy to answer your questions in case you have them.
We always strive to respond to all applications within 5 working days. Sometimes due to the number of responses we cannot, as well if you do not meet the language requirement no response will be submitted. If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
NOTE: Only applications from candidates living in the Netherlands will be revised