Plant & Supply Chain Controller
Plant and Supply Chain Controller
Hours: Full time
Contract: 6 months (extension is possible)
About the organization
This organisation is continuously developing products that give consumers just what they need. They are all about making the world a more sustainable place to live and they do this by offering the worlds of food, agriculture and nutrition.
Working at this organisation is an opportunity to thrive-a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. The organisation is offering a diverse and supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
About the role
This role provides an excellent opportunity to those professionals who are looking not only to solidify their controlling skills, but also to prepare themselves for the next career step into more senior finance opportunities. This role reports directly into the Finance Manager of the group and sits on a team of more than 30 professionals in total. This team is part of a larger Finance team existing of 70 finance professional, working from our Finance hub in the Amsterdam location, covering all of the EMEA region.
In this role you will focus on operations and supply chain with various Plant locations.
You will serve as the main link between the different sources of information and the relevant business partners, providing them with a rigorous, analytical financial statement review performed at each business/country level. Continuous improvement of financial reporting processes that support the business decisions will be essential in the role.
A summary of your tasks and responsibilities;
- Consult with Plant and Supply Chain managers to understand the local business challenges and strategies;
- Responsible for the local plant and supply chain budgeting and monitoring process, including cost control process of operations and supply chain expenses;
- Review and control the yield calculation and report differences in joint collaboration with the operations analyst. Identify and follow up with several functions on improvement areas;
- Ensures Finance involvement in the Operations and Supply Chain Project teams and the locations, to drive the right decisions related to capital spending;
- Assess the current month-end process on efficiency and timeliness regarding business reporting. Ensure that key financial policies and other procedures are followed to support a strong system of controls;
- Handle the business services (CBS) performance and end-to-end to processes from a Business Group perspective;
- Partner with other Finance and Data & Technology teams to match the business requirement with advanced analytic tools.
How the profile of a Plant and Supply Chain Controller looks like;
- Available from March 2021 for at least 6 months
- Master's Degree in Finance or Accounting with 5+ years accounting experience;
- Minimum 2 years of Plant, Operations Control experience;
- Understanding and experience working with JDE or SAP and validated experience with new BI tools such as Power BI;
- Confirmed ability to understand key business drivers and how to translate these into meaningful reporting;
- Shown ability to operate in a culture of continuous improvement, process optimization, and intellectual curiosity;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Change agility and proven ability to handle outcomes whilst not having all employees reporting to yourself;
- Skilled at using financial and business systems to monitor business activities and aid in decision making. Maintains working knowledge of data systems and applications;
- Proficient in Dutch and English.
What do you get in return;
The change to be part of a fast paced stimulating international environment where you will be making part of an ambitious and professional team who are striving for a more sustainable world.
- A temporary contract of min. 6 months ( extension is possible)
- Full time workweek
- Flexible working hours and working remote
- 25 holidays based on a full time employment
- Working freelance can be discussed as well
I, Jeanine Tukker, am looking forward to hearing from you why you think your experiences and competences are suitable for this exciting job opportunity. Please add in addition to your resume, also your availability in hours per week and what your first possible starting date could be. It is an requirement from our client that the candidate is available on short notice and therefore candidates with a notice period will not be considered.
Closing date: Tuesday 09.03.2021