Procurement Manager (MR-34050672)
Currently I'm looking for an experienced Procurement Manager for our trusted partner in Fashion Retail. So dou you have a minimum of 7 years of experience in procurement and are you looking for a new opportunity? Please continue reading!
Role: Procurement Manager
Contract: 9 months (extension possible)
The Procurement department focuses on all indirect (non-merchandise) purchases and functions as an internal consultant for the rest of the organization. The team drives strategic sourcing processes that allows the business to ensure sustainable sourcing in a standardized environment with a compliant, managed supply chain. One of the department's objectives is to provide detailed information on the operational spend and identifies where savings can be made. The team researches the market for new vendors that can deliver valuable services/goods and executes tenders to ensure the best product for the best price delivered at the best time. By using extensive processes of contract management and vendor management, we ensure that the vendor base keeps optimally performing for the organization. The Procurement department has strong collaboration with every aspect of the business and advises on new possibilities. Additionally, there is a strong focus on enabling our vendors to help implement our company's sustainability targets.
The Procurement department is structured according to the principle of category management. This position is for a Manager in the category Ecom that primarily covers procurement for the Ecommerce department, but occasionally overlaps with digital sourcing needs for other departments such as Technology and Marketing. The Ecom category includes services such as digital marketing, content management, translations, platform management and SEO initiatives. There is an increasing digitalization trend in the Ecom area and growing collaboration between this department and the Technology and Marketing departments. This is an exciting time to join this dynamic environment and a great opportunity to to build the category that affects the business significantly and really make a difference. The role will report into the Senior Manager overseeing all digital sourcing and will have one direct report.
The Manager is expected to maintain a wide variety of relationships with all category relevant internal stakeholders, next to all external vendor relationships. The candidate needs to have an entrepreneurial mindset, is expected to independently develop and to promote proper procurement processes across the business. Within the department, they will also align with managers and buyers for other categories (e.g. Omnichannel, Supply Chain, Marketing etc.) share knowledge and mentor the Buyers and Coordinators in the team, involving them in projects and sharing best practices. Additional cross-functional projects with departments such as Finance, Legal, Sustainability, Facilities, Business Development and HR will occur. Overall, the candidate is to have excellent communication, diplomacy, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Maintain and build on the Category, meet and influence stakeholders in the Procurement way of working.
- Map the contracts, spend, vendor base in order to create a procurement strategy for this area.
- Work cross functionally with several departments and independently develop and maintain relationships with the internal stakeholders
- Setup, lead and execute RFx projects for the Technology category
- Deliver a complete contract mapping for the category
- Become subject matter expert in the assigned field of Tech and Digital
- Mentor and guide the team to improve expertize in the field of procurement
- Analyse and negotiate prices/costs for (new) products and services
- Align with the Legal department to ensure contractual agreements are in place for all vendors
- Develop and review KPIs and SLAs for key vendors
- Perform market analysis in search of new vendors and innovative solutions
- Maintain vendor spend and savings details for the category and report to key stakeholders
- Establish and maintain regular communication with all suppliers on quality, delivery and price levels
- Engage in various sustainability related project representing the procurement angle
- Prepare business cases (with cost-benefit analysis and ROI analysis)
- Execute vendor performance ratings
- Analyse measures of sustainability implementation
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, excellent stakeholder management skills are key. The pace within the company is high and projects and priorities move quickly. The Procurement team operates as a business partner and needs to anticipate business requirements. Our ideal candidate therefore has very strong communication & interpersonal skills, can be persuasive when needed and thrives in a hectic and everchanging environment.
Besides these personal skills, we will be looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in area of economics, econometrics, business, finance or supply chain management. Procurement, purchasing and supply chain qualifications (CIPS/NEVI) are preferred
- Minimum 7 years of relevant Procurement experience
- For this team, experience in the Technology/ICT area is preferred.
- Experience with procurement processes, systems and strategies and working knowledge of contract management and value engineering principles
- Team player, open-minded and international mindset, able to adopt the company culture and to build relationships with colleagues & suppliers spread over Europe
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English and ability to work in a multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and contract negotiation skills
- Excellent organization and project management skills especially planning, budget and time management
- High standards of sustainability
- Passionate about digital and supply chain innovation
Do you consider yourself as the right candidate for this position? Please reach out to Donovan Piris via d.piris(a)jpgray.nl OR call 020-5221260.