procurement specialist (MR-34026570)
Location: Bergen op zoom (also possible to work from locations in Amsterdam or Sittard)
Contract: 24 - 40 hrs a week
Languages: Dutch & English (both mandatory)
Salary: EUR 5000.00 - 6000.00 gross per month based on a 40 hours week, excl. holiday allowance
Where will you work?
The company you will work for is an international organization and one of the most innovative producers where they are providing materials and applications in the automotive, electrical, medical, optical media and building & construction industries. Their European HQ is based in Sittard but with their Global HQ based in the Middle East. This company operates in around 50 countries across the world and they have 66 world-class manufacturing and compounding plants in locations across the Middle East, Asia, Europe and the Americas. One of their plants is based in Bergen op Zoom where also some major warehouses are located.
What you will be doing as Procurement Specialist;
This exciting role gives you the opportunity to shape the sourcing strategies for the spend category of Business Services in Europe. The category scope covers a range of outsourced services including integrated facility management services, safety services, personal protection equipment and waste management services.
Your main responsibilities will exist out of;
- Engaging with stakeholders to understand their vision and objectives and derive strategic category objectives;
- Defining and executing the regional Category Sourcing & Contracting strategy and plan;
- Identify and actively drive opportunities to optimize Value Creation;
- Deliver cost savings through benchmarking, strategic sourcing, tendering and commercial negotiations;
- Collaborate with and challenge suppliers to drive innovations, efficiency and reduction of the Total Cost of Ownership;
- Managing a portfolio of contracts, supplier performance, supply risks and supplier relations;
The person our client is looking for meets the following requirements/ has experience in or with;
- Strong operational skills within the overall planning processes;
- Sound knowledge of processes within base chemical and compounding plants;
- Clear understanding of the interactions and interdependencies with other functions/departments;
- Proven ability to effectively interact and communicate across organization;
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to operate effectively within a matrix environment gaining commitment at all organizational levels;
- Ability to influence people without the need of a direct reporting line;
- Strong analytical skills and able to think on a tactical level. Able to distinguish in priorities;
- Work independently in a rapid changing environment, taking responsibility for delivery of business expectations.
- Bachelor's or Master's level degree in Business Administration, Economics, Supply Chain, Operations Management or comparable;
- Preferably, 8-10 years of working experience in a procurement or otherwise commercial role within a complex and international business environment;
- Fluency in Dutch and English Language, verbal as well as written;
- ability to operate within a culturally diverse environment;
What will you get in return?
It's a rewarding, responsible position - there's a high level of ownership and you'll be able to take pride in delivering performances within Procurement. As a Specialist in sourcing & contracting, you lead the implementation of the regional category plans. You have the chance to create significant value to the company by challenging existing ways of working and introducing creative & new sourcing solutions.
- 24 - 40 hrs discussable / hybrid way of working possible;
- Salary EUR 5000.00 - 6000.00 gross per month based on a 40 hours week, excl. holiday allowance;
- 25 holidays per year (based on a full time employment) + ATV;
- A fixed term contract till 31.07.2023 with the intentions to extend (this vacancy became available due an retirement);
- Pension plan from day 1;
- Travel allowance;
- Educational budget.
You will have the opportunity to work for an international company, with the possibility of obtaining a long-term contract. If you are interested in this role please apply via the website or contact Nick Keizer via n.keizer(a)jpgray.nl. We always strive to respond to all applications within 5 working days. Sometimes due to the number of responses we cannot. If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.