Procurement Support (medior)
About the organisation
This organisation is well known in the specialty chemical industry and delivers everyday products for manufactures such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. They have about 11 thousand employees and operate in 80 countries around the world. They have earned a place among the best performing companies in the chemical industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and reliability.
About the job opportunity
In the first six months you will take part in predictive discovery work team and anticipate on getting quotations in case of an emergency during the turn around. During the turn around you are available and working on site for the whole period, to mitigate upcoming procurement issues. You will work closely together with the Capex Procurement Manager in financially closing the books, deadline is two weeks after the turn around.
After a quick start you will first of all get involved in and lead (with support from your Manager) spot buys and main contracting check on price calculations. This to make sure you have secured the supplies for the turn around, got the best value for the spend money and are purchase activities are being handled according to the company terms and conditions.
Your responsibility package will be extended by managing a number of medium sized projects (up to 1 million EUR).
Your profile - Background and Knowledge:
- You have a technical background and worked in procurement for the industry, preferably the chemical industry;
- You have direct procurement experience in Capex (investment) projects;
- You are able to manage a capex project requires connecting with the project teams and the ability to plan activities upfront, perform risk analyses, provide input and discuss with the teams;
- Educational level: HBO/University
- Language: English (mandatory)
What will you receive;
An opportunity to be part of the one most innovative organisation in the world. You will be working in an international and dynamic work environment and be part of a professional procurement team.
- First contract will be from August 2020 till December 2020, extension is high likely.
- Full time work week (40hrs)
- Salary is depending on your work experience in combination with your education background.
Do you find yourself the perfect candidate for the role? Than I am looking forward to hearing from you.
*Interviews will be taken place on short notice * Please feel free to contact me, Jeanine Tukker, via mail for questions or sharing your interest j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl