Senior Accountant - Amsterdam (MR-34064287)
For one of our international partners, I am looking for a Senior Accountant Risk & Control . Are you analytical, accurate, flexible, and initiative? Then you might be the person I am looking for!
Senior Accountant Risk & Control
Location: Amsterdam (remote work in NL is possible)
Contract: Full-time (40h);
Contract: 3 months
Starting date: asap
Where will you work?
You will work within an international company at their HQ in Amsterdam.
What you will be doing as a Senior Accountant Risk & Control?
Senior Accountant Risk & Control will be part of the Payments Accounting team. The focus of this position is to conduct a full review of the control framework(both SOx and Non-SOx) within Payments Accounting to ensure the controls
appropriately address the associated risks. You will have the opportunity to make recommendations based on your findings, identifying potential issues and improvement possibilities within our existing control framework.
- Drive end-to-end control review and strengthening projects within Payments Accounting, including:
- Meet with control performers to understand current control design and execution
- Review and update IUC listings to ensure they are complete & accurate
- Identify any areas where controls are not being performed as designed
- Identify areas for control improvements with respect to design and documentation, considering the associated risks
- Consider previous deficiencies to evaluate similar potential weaknesses across the wider control framework
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure priorities are clear and
- consistent and information is complete and accurate
- Driving the SLAs within FinTech teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of data through the IT landscape
- The tasks and responsibilities may change over time
What does the profile of Senior Accountant Risk & Control look like?
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance/Accounting
- Strong stakeholder management experience and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, proactive and full of initiatives
- Proactive self-starter, who takes ownership with a strong work ethic
- Creative and critical thinker
- Analytical and accurate with good attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and disciplined
- Fluent in spoken and written English
If you are interested in this role please apply via the website or contact Selcukhan Okay via s.okay(a)jpgray.nl. We always strive to respond to all applications within 5 working days. Sometimes due to the number of responses, we cannot. If you have not received a reply we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates.