Senior Accountant (MR-34021258)
Do you want to be part of a hard working and social team where you will have the opportunity to support the team during a transition? Are you an experienced manager or team leader with a strong personality and ready for an opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop your career within an international environment?
Senior Accountant - Intercompany
Location: Amstelveen / Hybrid way of working
Contract: Full-time (40h) and for a minimum of 12 months
Salary: To be discussed. It is possible to work freelance or interim.
The company is a multinational and well known in the retail industry. They have an international footprint, but are also still rapidly expanding in EMEA region. Due to this there is a strong entrepreneurial mentality requiring you to keep up pace in a fast changing organisation. You are not afraid to reach out of your comfort zone, and you get energy from communicating with different stakeholders throughout the organisation.
The Senior Accountant, Intercompany will be part of the Shared Service Center on the Record to Report team. The role will be responsible for global accountability and oversight of intercompany transactions to include resolving discrepancies and assisting management to consistent intercompany process across the organization. The role will require excellent communication skills and the ability work with all levels of internal stakeholders and global business partners.
The reason why this role became vacant is due the ongoing projects which the team is currently working on. One of their largest projects is the upgrade of Oracle on a global scale and therefor the organisation is able to offer a minimum of 12 months employment to support the Finance Manager in their day to day duties.
The hiring manager describes the management of a team who is not based in NL as the biggest challenge. Therefor, only candidates with a strong personality and advanced management skills are being considered.
But there is more what the job has to offer! You daily tasks and responsibilities will also exist out of;
- You support higher management (Finance Manager and Senior Accounting Manager) to provide guidance to Intercompany staff on all intercompany transactions which includes oversight of up to (15) off-shore team members operating within the BPO;
- You coordinate and oversee the monthly close process to ensure accurate and timely closes, supporting several activities including Forecast, Netting Process;
- You coordinate to review and approve journal entries related to this function which includes reporting. Reports are highly complex with revenue responsibility of 40m +;
- You support higher management to review and approve global intercompany HFM tie-outs and has accountability for all "out of balance" discrepancies;
- You research resolves all of intercompany variances which requires knowledge of all intercompany transactions and investigation of transactional data in Oracle (AP, AR, GL);
- You are a driver of process improvements to ensure operations are streamlined and efficient;
- Preparing documentation for internal and external audit as necessary for SOX controls.
The Senior Accountant is a…
A proactive and highly analytical individual that shows strong capacity in problem solving and analysing data. One practical note: you must be available latest 1st of March 2023.
As an individual you have a can-do attitude, can easily make social contact as you are mainly working from home, and have a strong understanding of the above mentioned duties. You have the ability to coach your team and perform in a demanding, dynamic and highly visible organisation and you have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with other cultures and people.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent in experience required
- 5-7 years of accounting experience to include intercompany transactions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve, analyze and make recommendations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with larger ERP system - Oracle Preferred
- Experience with reporting system - Hyperion or HFM
- Experience working within a shared services environment or in partnership with a BPO
- Must be able to work independently or in a group setting
- Ability to meet deadlines
Why should you apply?
You will have the opportunity to work in a multinational that will provide you with experiences that are beneficial for the rest of your career. Furthermore, you will be part of a talented team of individuals, in a flat-organisational structure where contact lines with management are short and you are given considerable responsibilities.
In return you will receive a;
- 12 months contract provided by JP Gray with the possibility of an extension. It is also possible to work freelance but this has not the preference.
- The flexibility to work from home (standard), majority of the team is working remote.
- A full time (40hrs) employment with flexible working hours. Usually everybody starts their weekend on Fridays at 1pm. A 36hr work week can be discussed, only when you can work 5 days.
- Travel allowance (when applicable);
- 25 holidays;
- Pension scheme from day 1.
If you are interested in this role we look forward to receiving your application. You can send your cv and motivation to Jeanine Tukker via j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl. We will do our best to respond within 5 working days, on the off chance they we do not manage, we regret to inform we have continued with other candidates.