Senior Business Controller
Senior Business Controller
First contract: 3 months
Our client is an international leader in retail sector.
The Business Ooerations team focuses on running the daily operations and supporting Technology in becoming more efficient striving for excellence. This involves portfolio management, purchasing, financial reporting (planning and actuals), contract & license management, IT SOX compliance, internal events and communications. They support all teams bringing transparency and efficiency to the department and act as a central information channel.
We are looking for an internationally experienced finance professional, ideally with accomplishments in both corporate organizations, as well as in more entrepreneurial ventures. You will need to work on strategic initiatives rolling up your sleeves and digging into details while not losing sight of the big picture. You will be implementing systems and processes in business operations while working with different level stakeholders and bringing efficiencies for different teams.
- Set strategy for financial and operational practices in Technology, ensuring that our practices enable our ambitions.
- Partner, support & challenge senior business budget owners on Finance related topics, impacting performance of the department.
- Translate finance targets & 5-year strategy plans into department specific actions on economy of scale initiatives.
- Take full ownership of all Finance and Procurement related matters in Technology, partnering with the Central Finance and Central Procurement departments.
- Further optimize planning, forecasting, operational finance and contract management processes.
- Lead the BusOps team (4) with a strong focus on continuous optimization and team development as well as business partnering and data analytics. This entails working directly with the Tech leadership team on investment decisions, building business cases and controlling costs.
University degree in Business Administration / Finance
5+ years of relevant Finance & Control work experience
Experience in business analysis, cost modeling, and accounting
Strong analytical and planning skills
Structured and well organized to bring structure to chaos
Positive attitude and willingness to learn
Effective communicator who can work with cross functional and executive teams within an agile organization
Excellent people manager who is able to bring out the best in people.
Excited about exploring innovation in finance and how this can benefit the organization
Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks while looking for ways to improve processes.
If you are interested in this role and if you are directly available, please apply via the website or contact Katarzyna Wajer via k.wajer(a)jpgray.nl. We always strive to respond to all applications within 3 working days. Sometimes due to the number of responses we cannot. If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.