Contract: Full time, min. 6 months
Industry: Specialty Chemicals
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for the scope Europe and category Industrial Chemicals. Mainly the activities are being performed from the Netherlands and Germany, however it has a global presence with plant and joint ventures also in Denmark, Sweden, Spain, China and Japan. Yes, you will travel to these locations from time to time which takes up 20% of your time. Together with appr. 25 Category Managers you are all managing your own category and scope. From this position you will report direct into the Procurement Director.
You will face a high level of complexity and diversity in the categories and supplier base. Hence a critical element of the job will be to align stakeholders and get buy in to drive standardization and consolidation of suppliers, products and services. You will be also expected to select and develop a supplier base that can successfully support the current operations as well as future projects and balance different business needs and requirements effectively. Your mission is to make sure that the company will be positioned in the Raw Materials market with an advantage.
What the organisation expects from you
Besides your commercial awareness you have a strong sense of accountability and ownership. In combination with a high level of autonomy you are able to develop spend and cost reduction projects and execute on those together with stakeholders and team. You have the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and take the initiative to build strong relationships.
- You hold a Bachelor or Master's degree in combination with experience in the chemical / raw material industry;
- Minimum 5 years' experience of strategic procurement and category management; leadership experience is preferred;
- Extensive negotiation experience and ability to influence people and selling concepts and ideas;
- Excellent relationship builder and skilled at managing external contacts;
- Advanced strategic thinking skills and analytical mindset with ability to analyze data;
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to analyze data and technical requirements from different angles.
- Fluent in English and additional languages are an asset.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and data tools;
- You are available from March 2020.
What will you get in return;
If you are seeking a job opportunity where you will becoming part of a well-known organisation and offering the change to influence current improvement processes within Procurement than this might be a very interesting career step.
- A full time workweek (40hrs). You will be based in the Amsterdam office.
- 6 months contract via JP Gray. There is a possibility for extension or to obtain an indefinite contract; the position has become available due extra activities. We align with company CAO and Jeanine (JP Gray) will be more than happy to tell you more about this.
- Salary indication goes up to max. EUR 8500 gross per month incl. travel allowance, excl. holiday allowance (8%) and bonus.
- 25 holidays based on a full time employment during the first 6 months;
If you would like to get in contact about this opportunity than please inform Jeanine (j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl) with your most recent resume including a brief motivation.
After a qualification (via phone of face to face) your introduction will be created. Interviews can be taken place on short notice so flexibilty in your schedule would be a big advantage.