Senior Procurement Consultant (MR-34032386)
For one of our international partners I am looking for a Senior Procurement Consultant. Are you solution oriented, analytical, flexible and do you have strong negotiation skills? Then you might be the person I am looking for!
Senior Procurement Consultant
Hours: Full time / 40 hours a week
Contract: 6 months (via JP Gray)
The Senior Procurement Consultant is responsible for Procurement activities with the objective to reduce the overall spend, minimizing administrative efforts, increase supplier performance and ensure integrity and compliance in the process. The Senior Procurement Consultant is responsible for Global or multiregional contracts for the organisation and the organisation's affiliates with an unlimited spend scope.
What will you be responsible for as a Senior Procurement Consultant:
You will be responsible for full categories which can include overseeing categories run by Procurement Consultants and Specialists. And you will work typically on projects that are very complex that have a large scope and high impact on the organisation's business.
You will also be responsible for:
- All types of contracts, including engineering of alternative constructions in close cooperation with all relevant governing bodies within the organisation;
- Project governance that includes being part of Steering Committee or Project Board, own commercial process;
- Negotiate independently based on pre-approved strategy by Senior Manager Procurement and Sr Stakeholders (C-level);
- Make sure to collect pre-approval of Global Senior Manager, and CEO, CFO or CLO for results
- Negotiate the best pricing and terms for the products / services to be bought Independently source required product and services for the organisation;
- Drive the process and select the best suitable suppliers;
- Lead and monitor supplier performance management with the internal business partner;
- Support the Senior Manager Procurement in the strategic sourcing activities;
- Engage and coordinate with the respective parties to comply with data privacy, security and sustainability guidelines;
- Prepare the spend data analysis;
- Generate and analyse KPIs, internal reports and provide visibility and possibilities for cost reduction and team improvements;
- Ensure compliance and standards are adhered;
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager Procurement to support the Procurement Consultant and Procurement Specialist to establish a professional procurement team;
- Act as a first point of contact for vendor and procurement escalations from business stakeholders and accounting operations;
- Establish and maintain procurement best practices and shares with peers;
- Ensure that daily procurement operations are operating optimally and in a compliant manner;
- Function as a back-fill for the Procurement Manager when needed.
- Minimum of bachelor degree
- 5 years of Procurement experience
- SAP and Microsoft Office (Excel - advanced level) experience
- Tendering and contracting experience preferable in the area of services or experience in the P2P process
- Proactive, flexible and capable of working independently as well as working in a team
- Affinity with Legal, Risk and Security, Data Privacy
- Fluent in English
If you are interested in this role please apply via the website or contact Natcha Thiangbut via n.thiangbut(a)jpgray.nl. We always strive to respond to all applications within 5 working days. Sometimes due to the number of responses we cannot. If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.