Service Manager EMEA
Service Manager EMEA
Contract: 1 year (initially, then permanent contract)
Where will you work?
The company you will work for is a global firm in the pharmaceutical industry.
The EMEA Service Manager will be responsible for the management of EMEA service depot, field service repairs and Product Support. They will manage a technical team in the EMEA region and be responsible for providing technical product service and support to the satisfaction of direct sale customers and distributors in the EMEA region and support the EMEA Commercial team. Candidate should be both a strong leader and team player with the demonstrated abilities and willingness to wear "multiple hats" and perform a wide range of tasks within a dynamic environment.
What you will be doing as Service Manager:
EMEA Service Depot:
Be based at or near the company's service depot located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Manage and perform all aspects of services offered on site at the depot including training, repairs, refurbishment, system upgrades, service parts inventory, etc. This position may also manage a pool of loaner systems including maintenance, shipment and rental to customers and distributors. Responsible for management of EMEA depot, product support and field service
Support customers in regions and countries where we sell direct to the end customer. Work with the EMEA Product Support team to be the first point of contact for all technical issues, and manage the resolution of those issues to insure customer satisfaction. Repairs are managed by dispatching 3rd party service, depot repair or repair on site. Working with local Sales, sell post warranty service contracts directly to customers.
Work with the EMEA Product Support team to provide support to Distributors in the region, becoming the first point of contact for all technical issues, and managing the resolution of those issues. Provide service training to Distributors and advise on spare parts stocking. Ensure Distributors are providing support to their customers which meet or exceed our expectations.
Third Party Service Support:
Manage 3rd party service support, including relations, logistics, dispatch, technical support, service training, performance appraisals, invoice review, parts use, etc.
Make sure each repair performed by 3rd parties is adequately reported on and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
Service Parts Inventory Control:
Manage service parts inventories. Some service parts will reside at a 3rd party logistics company and some at the service depot. Ensure service stocking levels are as lean as possible without compromising customer satisfaction. This position will also be responsible for forward and reverse (RMA) service parts shipments and inventory accuracy.
Analysis and Reporting:
This position will be required to analyze and report on areas of responsibility, including;
- Provide weekly regional updates.
- Quotations and invoices for company's service repair, and review of invoices from 3rd party service entities.
- Manage the service depot financial responsibilities such as inventory cycle counts, reserve levels for depot materials, and ERP business unit transactional corrections and improvements.
- Documentation of servicing activities and failure investigations as per appropriate regulatory requirements (i.e. FDA, CE, UL) and per company quality system requirements.
- Organization of the physical return goods area and management of the inventory.
- Take responsibility for meeting service department goals, objectives and metrics
- Be a technical resource for the Product Support group and worldwide Service Engineers
- Ensure the depot is properly resourced to perform the required tasks (tooling, spare parts, etc.)
What the Service Manager profile looks like:
- Minimum 4 year degree in electronics, engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a team leadership or supervisory role
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis on hardware and consumable defect returns, and to drive those failure investigations to closure.
- Ability to formulate corrective actions for root cause analysis.
- Ability to read and troubleshoot basic electronic schematics and circuits and read mechanical drawings
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Good English skills with effective verbal, writing and reading abilities
- Organized and dependable
- Minimum 8 years of service or engineering experience in a medical device, quality regulated environment is preferred.
- Experienced working in an ESD type environment.
What will you get in return?
- Full time work week
- Competitive salary
- 25 holidays based on fulltime / yearly basis
- Experience in an international company
You will have the opportunity to work for an international company, with the possibility of obtaining a permanent contract. There is always someone ready to jump in and help, and the same is expected of you. Furthermore, they believe that hard work pays off, creating ample new opportunities for you to grow.
If you are interested in this role please apply via the website or contact Katarzyna Wajer via k.wajer(a)jpgray.nl.