Supervisor Accounting (MR-34105908)
Location: Amstelveen (remote working is possible)
Hours: Full-time (32 - 40h)
Contract: First 12 months via JP Gray (afterwards direct company contract)
The company is a multinational and well known in the retail industry. They have an international footprint, but are also still rapidly expanding in EMEA region. Due to this there is a strong entrepreneurial mentality requiring you to keep up pace in a fast changing organisation. You are not afraid to reach out of your comfort zone, and you get energy from communicating with different stakeholders throughout the organisation in different regions.
This position is based in our Amstelveen Office but you are free to work from home as well. In this position you will be responsible for oversight of the end-to-end Banking processes. The Supervisor will work closely and on a daily basis with other team members in three shared service centres. These shared service centres are based in the US, India and Amstelveen.
But there is more what the job has to offer! Your daily tasks and responsibilities will also exist out of;
- Supervision of activities of performed by the Regional Team
Order to Cash activities related to Bank to Book Reconciliations:
- Review and Approval of Regional Closing Activities i.e., Reconciling Bank Balances to General Ledgers at Month end
- Intercompany Loan Interest Calculations and Loan Summaries
Order to Cash activities related to Payments Processing for the Region:
- Supervising processing of payments directly in the banking terminal based on the Payment Request Form and the initiation of payment batch processing and checking.
- Communication with banking partners on any payment queries that are raised, ensuring appropriate resolution is provided
Assist in the preparation in the Regional Cash Forecasting and Liquidity Reporting Processes & Deliverables to the Global Treasury Team:
- Preparation of Regional Short Term Cash Forecasting and Forecast to Actual Variance Analysis.
- Preparation and review of Regional Cash Forecast & Liquidity Reports.
- Regular daily contact with the BPO Team and internal customers to resolve issues & provide support and guidance.
- Provide direction, coaching, and formal feedback to team members
- Keep existing projects on track and on budget
- Provide project support to test new system applications
The Supervisor Accounting is..
- An individual that has the ability to lead and empower team members effectively
- Being able to pivot easily to address business critical needs
- Able to review and update to the existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and give appropriate training/knowledge transfer to all staff members as required
- Fluent English;
- Bachelor Degree in Finance and/or Accounting, or a minimum 2 to 3 years' equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge, insight, and interest in financial administrative & accounting processes
- Experience in working with Oracle (Cloud) is a plus
- Experience in working in a Shared Services organization with a BPO partner
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people and skill sets across multiple time zones
In return you will receive a;
- 12 months contract provided by JP Gray with the possibility of an extension/permanent
- The flexibility to work from home (standard);
- A full time (40hrs) employment with flexible working hours. Usually everybody starts their weekend on Fridays at 1pm;
- Travel allowance (when applicable);
- 25 holidays per annum;
- Immediate Pension scheme.
If you are interested in this role we look forward to receiving your application. You can send your cv and motivation to Christian Best via c.best(a)jpgray.nl. We will do our best to respond within 5 working days, on the off chance they we do not manage, we regret to inform we have continued with other candidates.