Supply Chain Customs Specialist
For on of our partners at Schiphol I'm currently looking for a Supply Chain Customs Specialist. Please continue reading!
Job: Supply Chain Customs Specialist
Contract: 12 months - 40 hours per week (32 possible)
Job purpose and impact
The Supply Chain Customs Specialist will ensure compliance on moderate complexity, routine cross-border trade tasks, using basic trade compliance knowledge. You'll ensure compliance with country and foreign government regulations related to the international movement of goods. In this position, you'll focus on executing the controls established and provide assistance by conducting customs-related research and analysis required. Utilising a general understanding of customs practices and procedures with some oversight from more senior team members. As an effective communicator, you'll demonstrate, contribute and follow the business strategy with values and high performance.
- Execute controls to align with risk-control framework and guidance from centers of expertise to resolve cross-border issues.
- Serve as subject matter expert for trade compliance, with support from senior team members, to inform partners of changing government regulations and trade practices.
- Identify and resolve issues in coordination with appropriate resources, and evaluate the need for internal escalation.
- Support risk analysis and process improvements with senior team members, perform trade compliance reviews and post-transaction testing to adhere to defined processes and controls.
- Prepare periodic reports related to trade compliance, and assist with internal and external reporting and analysis.
- Help train team members to ensure program compliance.
- Execute continuous improvement strategy across locations with limited oversight.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English
- IT affinity (ERP systems, relevant tooling)
- Experience managing SAP and GTS module.
- Knowledge of foreign exchange controls
- Minimum 2 years of experience in import/export, operations or supply chain
- Dutch is preferred
- Take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- High accuracy level
- Capable to work under strict time constraints
- Use the most effective and efficient processes to accomplish work, focusing on continuous improvement.
- Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
In case you are interested to hear more about the company and would like to have some more information, please apply! For questions related to this opportunity you can contact d.piris(a)jpgray.nl