Are you looking for a challenging new opportunity as a supply planner? Are you no stranger within international environments and are the best at solving puzzles? Then this might be the opportunity for you!
Location: Amsterdam (Schiphol)
Contract: Full-time (40h);
Contract: 18 months
Starting date: asap
Where will you work?
You will work within an international company that is active in over 35 countries over the world. They are one of the biggest providers within the packaging industry in which you will be a true link between different departments. There is an open atmosphere, and always space to learn. Everybody gets a chance and communication is key.
Purpose of the job
The Supply Planner is responsible to formulate a short term production requirements plan to fulfil the internal and external demand in time and quantity, according to the IBP supply global plan. As you might read already, planning production will also be part of the job. It is essential your have a complete overview on the demand and priorities to fulfil in the given areas/production sites.
You will be responsible for the quantities to be produced taking into account production constraints and optimization, following the guidelines agreed and sharing the decisions with the internal stakeholders who provide the demand. As a production planner you will report directly to the Supply Chain Director.
What you will be doing as Supply Planner:
- Daily analysis of the demand to fulfil. Comparison with the given allocation per region/production site. Challenge the inputs in case of misalignment with the monthly plan.
- Find solutions to balance demand supply involving the necessary stakeholders in the Customer Operation Team, Sales team, Planning, Production;
- Prepare Replenishment Requirement to be produced by checking the excess stock in every production site (reallocating orders / forecast accordingly), minimum production runs an impact on next production runs.
- When allocation/production capacity is not enough to fulfil the demand, make an optimal decision
- Checking any available allocation in other sales areas/production sites;
- Moving production between production sites if necessary
- Challenging forecast input and safety stock agreements
- Asking Customer Operation Team to postpone/reduce orders or forecast
- Communicate and share decisions with the stakeholders
- Escalate the issues that cannot be solved
- When allocation/production capacity is higher than demand, make an optimal decision by:
- Balancing between areas/mills if required
- Looking for additional/future volumes to produce, taking into account the stock level in the site.
- Take part on the meetings calendar established for the role.
- Support other team members to balance the overall workload.
- Contribute to improvement initiatives.
What the production planner profile looks like:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent acquired by significant work experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and international awareness
- Flexible and able to work in a structured way in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of ERP and supply chain systems would be an advantage
- Good spoken and written English is essential.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge-Access is a plus
If you are interested in this role please apply via the website or contact Jeanine Tukker via j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl latest on 20.08.2021. We always strive to respond to all applications within 5 working days. Sometimes due to the number of responses we cannot. If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.