Passion for logistics? Processes? Tenders? Excel? This Tender Specialist vacancy gives you the opportunity to be part of a new department for a large multinational. Are you an accurate, commercial savvy, independent supply chain specialist with some experience in logistics? Then I am sure by the end of the vacancy you will be convinced to apply!
Contract: Permanent, full-time (32-40h); First contract via JP Gray (7-12 months).
Required Languages: English
Travel: Yes (about 25%)
Where will you work?
The company you will work for is industry leader in logistics. You will be challenged everyday with the maintenance of a complex RFP's for which you will need to provide strong proposals in a timely and professional manner. The company is very loyal to their employees, which shows in high retention; many people have worked there many years, and this specific role will allow you to be one of the first contributing to a new team in Europe. Being able to work independently is thus very important. It will also give you plenty of opportunity to further develop in your career.
What you will be doing as Tender Specialist:
In your role as a tender specialist you will be responsible for all tasks related to the RFP. This will be required you to communicate at different levels of the organisation. Not only are you the first point of contact, the role requires you also to manage all tasks from A-Z. Considering that you will be dealing with various requests at the same time, time management and managing deadlines is very important.
- Actively lead the tender management process
- Develop competitive and customer focused proposals
- Communicate with global tender teams, bid owners, products managers, and support other departments
- Support in the further expansion of the tender team in Rotterdam
- Occasionally travel to meet with your European colleagues.
What the Tender Specialist profile looks like:
A service-oriented person that shows strong character, is a team player, and has a strong analytic capacity. You are very comfortable using Excel and are an excellent communicator. You love to solve problems, work very accurately, and can function as efficiently by yourself as you do in a team.
- Bachelor/ HBO degree (Supply Chain preferred)
- Fluent in English (any other European language is a plus)
- Excellent Excel skills (VLOOKUP and Pivot tables are daily topics for you)
- Experience in logistics (ocean, air or road)
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Experience in tender management is preferred
If you are interested in this role please apply via the website or contact Jeroen Overwater via j.overwater(a)jpgray.nl. Not sure you fully fit the profile? Please send us a mail or give us a call. We always strive to respond to all applications within 5 working days. Sometimes due to the number of responses we cannot. If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.