Trade Compliance Analyst (DUTCH Speaker)
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role at Trade Compliance Analyst within a changing environment? In this role, you will have the opportunity to work for one of the best employers in the Netherlands who is able to offer a meaningful and challenging job opportunity.
Trade Compliance Analyst
Where will you work?
The company you will work for is a worldwide company in the chemical industry. When you walk into the office (and hopefully this can happen soon again!) you'll see people working together in an international team. The organization works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a high commitment to safety and sustainability. The company's innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. Sound interesting right! Worldwide there are approximately 14,500 colleagues serving customers in more than 100 countries.
The Purpose of the Job
The Trade Compliance Analyst will be a part of the EMEA region and the Global Trade Compliance and Strategy team (EMEA, America and Asia) to execute trade-related processes and measures in the framework of different projects to maintain the region's effective, risk-based trade compliance program. Initially the assignment is for 9 months looking at the current projects but it is confirmed there will be a high possibility of extension.
In this role you report to the Regional Trade Compliance Manager which is based in Rotterdam. In this role you support the administrative (EMEA and global) processes to comply with international trade, including, but not limited to the EU duty suspension regimes, dual-use requirements, Free Trade Agreements, export controls and sanctions laws. This position requires an individual with strong ethics to aid in supporting key corporate business objectives and operational goals while ensuring compliance with legal and risk-mitigation requirements. The Trade Compliance Analyst must possess a willingness to learn and take initiative. This position requires solid communication and research skills.
The Trade Compliance Analyst will be part of a team of global experts and will gain experience in Trade Strategy, Compliance and Customs matters and be provided the opportunity to influence decisions within a global and dynamic environment.
Your core tasks and responsibilities;
- You oversee the European Union Regulations and actively contribute to translate these regulations to facilitate Duty mitigation (FTA's, Suspensions, etc.) and Trade Compliance programs;
- You work closely with EMEA Supply Chain and Trade Compliance team on executing the day-to-day operations for the companies trade-related activities;
- Support in managing the companies due diligence, regulatory requirements and reporting processes required as part of the trade programs;
- You provide internal stakeholders with timely and appropriate training and information on then requirements and documentation to comply with the companies trade compliance programs and activities;
- You prepare, submit and administer export licenses, agreements, and miscellaneous correspondence to governmental agencies;
- You manage SAP control blocks, proceeding Restricted Party Screening and Drug Precursor Products;
- You facilitate and administer "know your customer" programs under applicable laws and company policies for subject products; determine and evaluate all "red flags.";
- You are assisting in interpreting ongoing regulatory changes and facilitate development and maintenance of policies and procedures for these trade-related activities;
- You are assisting the EMEA GTC Regional Manager to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk through periodic audits and assessments.
What will you get in return?
You will have the opportunity to work for an international company who is a market leader in what they do. The team you will be part of is very diverse, and supportive. There is always someone ready to jump in and help out, and the same is expected of you. Furthermore, they believe that hard work should pay off, creating ample new opportunities for you to grow.
- Initially, a 9 months contract provided by JP Gray where your first month is your probation period;
- A 39hrs working week with the possibility to work from home (standard)
- Salary indication: EUR 3000.00 - EUR 3500.00
- 25 holidays + 4 ATV days (based on full time)
- Travel allowance: 100% when travelling with public transport or EUR 0.19 cent per kilometre when applicable.
What is your profile?
A are fluent in DUTCH and ENGLISH and you are a service oriented person that shows a strong character, is a team player, and has a strong analytical capacity. You are an excellent communicator who is able to build strong relationships with your stakeholders. In addition you are/have;
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree required, i.e. Customs and Trade, International Business, Supply Chain, Law or related studies.
- EXPERIENCE: 3 years' experience or in a similar role, is very desirable.
- TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES, KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High ethical standards
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations
- Strategic approach to international trade
- High motivation and great passion to learn
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of and experience with Free Trade Agreements is essential
- Proficient in MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of SAP
Interested? Great! Me, Jeanine Tukker, is looking forward to hear why you think this could be the job opportunity for you including your most updated resume in ENGLISH. We always strive to respond to all applications within 5 working days. Sometimes due to the number of responses we cannot. If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
You can contact me via Linked In or j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl. Good luck!