Are you looking for a challenging and complex trade operator role within an international company in Rotterdam? Do you want to be part of a hardworking and enthusiastic team of people? Are you looking for a role where you can make the impact in your service as for the company growth?
Contract: Full-time (40h)
Languages: English (must)
Where will you work?
The company you will work for is a global firm in the specialty chemical industry. They are gaining their success and rapid growth due their strategy which is based on the innovation and sustainable development pillars, focusing on ensuring operational excellence, innovating in solutions for a better life and developing an increasingly sustainable product portfolio. Sounds interesting right? There are concrete initiatives in this sense, such as the release of green plastic, produced from a sustainable source, and the continuous evolution of its health, safety, and environment performance indicators.
In your role, you will be challenged every day by managing vessels operations assuring that the movement of cargo runs in a smooth and timely manner with accurate contract execution. You focus on cost savings and optimization, preserving and adding value to the entire operational process. You are also able to extract the most value from a deal by combining operational knowledge and commercial acumen. With the support from the traders, you understand the market and its position to make assertive decisions.
What you will be doing as Trading Operator..
- Making sure that all aspects of cargo operation and transit are properly and promptly followed up. Identify and execute alternatives during disruptions in operations following internal guidelines and considering the commercial impact of these decisions;
- Cultivate and enhance strategic counterparties relationships in order to develop opportunities, expand market presence and increase trading potential;
- Effectively communicate with traders, charterers, schedulers, demurrage analysts and other internal and external parties to develop logistical solutions to meet commercial excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Follow up vetting clearance of vessels and nominate vessels to counterparties;
- Follow up vessel operations, such as daily tracking of vessels and other operational dates to avoid incurring in unplanned costs;
- Negotiate Letter of Credit clauses with counterparties, check drafts and SWIFTs received from the banks, provide all required documents, follow up discrepancies and coordinate with bank receipt of updated documents, assuring presentation of those in good order and on time;
- Complete voyage/storage reconciliations and identify/investigate possible loss/gain differences for every operation;
- Issue/receive, document and manage claims as per contractual terms;
- Maintain files and good records of operations-related documentation to satisfy internal procedures, including compliance and auditing requirements;
- Support to maintain internal procedures accurate and updated;
- Support project developments for new operations and optimization of already existing processes.
What the customer service representative profile looks like:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum experience of two years in the trading of commodities business, with deep understanding of incoterms, UCP, maritime operations and terminology;
- Fluent English;
- Strong forward and "big picture" thinking, curious nature and commercial acumen;
- Strong proactive and problem-solving skills, as well as sound ability to well understand priorities, multitask and meet critical deadlines;
- Well organized with the ability to work independently and make risk-based and well-reasoned decisions aligned with the Company procedures and guidelines;
- Strong analytical and "eye for detail" skills;
- Strong team player;
- Self-driven and strong learning attitude.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changes;
- Working on a global role, availability to work outside of business hours might be required.
What will you get in return?
You will have the opportunity to work for an international company, with the possibility of obtaining an indefinite contract. Secondly, the compensation package is very appealing and the team you will be part of is very diverse, and supportive. There is always someone ready to jump in and help out, and the same is expected of you. Furthermore, they believe that hard work should pay off, creating new opportunities for you to grow.
- Full time workweek (40hrs) with the possibility to work from home
- 12 months contract provided by JP Gray
- Competitive salary matching your experience and knowledge
- 25 holidays
- Educational budget
- Cover of travel expenses
- Holiday allowance
If you are interested in this role we look forward to receiving your application. You can send your cv and motivation to Jeanine Tukker via j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl. We will do our best to respond within 5 working days once you meet the requirements, on the off chance they we do not manage, we regret to inform we have continued with other candidates.