Transport Coordinator EMEA
Hours : Full time (40hrs per week)
Location : Geleen
Contract : start February 2021 - End August 2021
Extension is possible.
Salary : EUR 3000.00 gross per month
Where will you work?
The company you will work for is a global firm in the advanced material and ingredients industry. You will be challenged every day with the maintenance of a complex order management process, communicating with different stakeholders to deliver excellent customer service. If you walk into the office you see a group of people working together and helping each other when needed. This company helps to develop their people professionally within their role but also into the rest of their career.
About the position
The purpose of your role it to manage a perfect allocation of sales orders of end products in alignment with the sales- and stock plans and internal company procedures, as well as Stock Transfer Orders for raw materials/ semi-finished products.
It is essential for the Transport Coordinator to maintain good contacts with the other departments in the Order to Cash (OTC) process. Due to the many links to Process-To-Order, Demand Manager EMEA, Supply Chain Management, Quality and Raw Material Planners at the production sites, the Transport Coordinator needs to act as pivotal point of the operation of our running business In this role you will report direct to the Transport Manager EMEA.
- Assigning the shipment to the internal/ external customer in order to support the expedition-quality and cost efficiency optimal conditions:
- Road, air, sea, intermodal transport
- Sample and urgent shipments
- Good communication with CSR-team globally, Material Planning Scheduler, Raw Material Planners, Demand Manager EMEA and R&D department;
- Communicate with the warehouses on operational issues and in case of special customer orders and pickup instructions.
- Communicate with DEM's 4PL's/Logistic Service Providers (BDP, IDS, Rhenus)
- Handling customer orders and stock allocation according to plan, OTC guidelines and discretionary stocks.
- Daily checking of back order list and suggesting alternatives in consultation with planning, preparation, supply chain and sales and OTC guidelines.
- Handle targeted offering SO (Sales Order) materials (Notifications) sales offices and / or customers.
- Support in information supply to transports in case of incidents
- Internal and external showing and supporting positive behaviour towards SHE to prevent unsafe situations
Complexity of the job
- Action in an international environment with cross-cultural aspects.
- Networking with counterparts within the organisation, multiple locations.
- Working closely with MPS, Customer Service, Raw Material Planners, expedition team at the loading locations in Europe
- Detailed knowledge of the market and customer requirements to maintain customer intimacy.
- Multi-cultural environment.
- High tension work environment due to operational matching of customer demand and supply availability
To be considered as a new team member, you need to have or be;
- HBO+ degree (required)
- Knowledge of SAP EPP/ BW
- Computer skills, Outlook, Excel, Word
- Knowledge of and affection to the dynamics of logistics processes
- Knowledge - writing and speaking - of English language
- Required level of experiences
- Multiple years' experience in Customer Service/ Logistics environment
- Commercial awareness and sensitive for other cultures.
If you are interested in this role please apply via the website or contact Jeanine Tukker via j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl latest on 18.02.2021. We always strive to respond to all applications within 5 working days. Sometimes due to the number of responses we cannot. If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates