Are you looking for a Purchasing specialist role within in international and well known company in Dordrecht? Are you experienced in an international analytical procurement or buyer role and do you showcase high problem solving skills and a pro-active approach?
Where will you work?
The company you will work for is a worldwide company and famous in the automotive industry. For more than 150 years they have proven by hard work and innovative technologies, their product gives quality and addition which is being sold in +140 countries worldwide.
When you walk into the office you'll see people working together in international teams; the team you will become part of exist of 5 colleagues including the Procurement manager EU. This person is also responsible for your on boarding and provides all the information you need including his own experience within this field. If you are looking for an environment where you can develop yourself as a professional then this might be an interesting position.
What are the deliverables?
In your role as Purchasing specialist you will be responsible for the execution of Direct Procurement within Europe. The goal of this role is to purchase goods, materials and third party services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, considering price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
This is position is key within the organization you report to the Procurement Manager Europe.
How your agenda will look like..;
- You will negotiate supplier contracts and manage vendor relationships consistent with the company's Global Sourcing strategy.
- Utilize data and market analysis to provide regular cost trend updates and forecasting tools to leverage spot purchase opportunities.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate timely on any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations to all relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct annual Risk Assessments to develop business continuity plans.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, quality standards and Responsible Care guidelines as they relate to procurement activities.
- Monitor market trends, discover competitor strategies and know who are the suppliers within the market.
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes and develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Partner and liaise with the Europe Sales team as well as other relevant global stakeholders and establish deep relationships with key members of these teams.
- Support Global and Regional Supply Chain initiatives to enable growth and enhance profitability.
- Lead supplier optimization opportunities within the region to drive efficiencies and cost savings.
What is your profile?
A proactive and highly analytical individual that shows strong capacity in problem solving. You have a can-do attitude, can easily make social contact, and have a understanding of sourcing and procurement. You enjoy working in teams, but also have a disciplined working attitude when working alone.
- It is a strong requirement you have a Bachelor or Master's degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, BA or similar;
- Purchasing qualifications such like NEVI I / NEVI II
- Excellent knowledge of how to use Excel
- Fluency in English (Dutch is a huge plus)
- Excellent communication and project planning skills. You know how to organize things, knows how to make people enthusiastic and you have the ability to handle multiple tasks with little direct supervision.
- Willing to travel through Europe.
- Experience in a similar position is strongly preferred;
- Experience in the following industries; Petro chemistry, chemicals, Oil & Gas or lubricants.
- Experience with SAP
This will be a full time position and you will be located in Dordrecht. The official working times are from 08.30 to 17.00 although they are quiet flexible whenever this needs to be discussed. Salary indication is between EUR 3500 and 4500 gross per month, excluding 8% holiday allowance. You will receive 25 holidays, travel allowance* and an opportunity to start a relevant course and/or study whenever needed.
*100% cover by public transport or €0.19 per km
If you are interested in this role please apply on the website or contact Jeanine Tukker (j.tukker(a)jpgray.nl of send me a message via Linked In).