Are you an experienced Supply Planner and are you available for a new challenge in the area of Amsterdam? Maybe you are the one we are looking for.
For one of our highly valued clients we are looking for a Supply Planner. The company is an international leading packaging company of customer-specific packaging & consumer goods. You will work in their Service Centre in the area of Amsterdam.
As a Supply Planner you will be responsible for organizing the monthly supply according to demand and IBP supply global plan. You will also be the one to ensure the goods are produced on time for distribution in a profitable manner.
You are organized and results-driven in combination with great problem-solving skills. You are able to communicate with different stakeholders and like working with different IT systems. Your goal will to ensure the smooth and cost-efficient flow of the companies supply chain operations. You will also be responsible for arranging that the agreements with paper vendors and constrains are incorporated into a final supply plan and this will be timely communicated to the stakeholders.
Areas of responsibility:
Communication with Vendors & Input Data control
- Communication and follow up on IBP plan with Vendors
- Clarify with Vendors, whether monthly allocation is for production or deliveries
- Development /review of procedures SLA changes (internal and external suppliers)
- Gather input of new vendors and set up in SAP
- Follow up service levels with vendors
- Define procedure for stock management
- Prepare and publish appropriate reports to monitor vendor performance
- Performance reviews -OTIF/SLA with suppliers (in cooperation with buying team)
Generating Supply Plan
- Adjust the supply parameters; Ensure that agreements with vendors and constraints are incorporated into IBP final plan (before IBP is sent to the vendors/allocation in internal mills is set)
- Communicate to the concerned stakeholders any risk of missing capacity and ensure they have timely and accurate information
- Gathering and log essential vendor information; maintenance stops, contact data; machine trim; ad hoc supply situations
Follow up plan
- Collect feedback from Service Centre and Buying team and participate on the analysis of the weekly and monthly adherence to the plan
- Manage the reporting concerning the order-book deviations according to the plan and focus on main deviations and consequent actions; recovery plan, urgent supply situation.
- Process development: handling of changes in frozen period; change management when needed by the busines
- Follow up & liaise with Service Centre team; on ongoing product /material migration and trials (processes and execution) making sure the information is properly present in the system
- Suggest and implement improvements to the supply chain planning process
- Supporting the buying team on visit to vendors, negotiations on service levels and service improvements ensuring the supply chain and planning aspects of the agreements are fully considered.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor degree or equivalent acquired by significate work experience
Job specific technical requirements
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and international awareness
- Flexible and able to work in a structured way in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of ERP and supply chain systems would be an advantage
- Good spoken and written English is essential. Language skills in other languages are a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge-Access is a plus
- 2 to 10 years' experience with supply/demand/forecast planning, customer service/service centre
- Supply Chain knowledge
- Planning & forecasting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build trust and relationships with team members, stakeholders & external partners
- A contract directly at the company (please note this will initially be a contract for 9 months but there will be a possibility for extending)
- You will work in a fast passed environment with colleagues from all around the world
- You will be able to develop your career
- Par-time is not negotiable (we are looking for candidates who are available for 40 hours per week)
- Due to very less parking space you will travel by public transport (you can reach the office within 10 minutes' walk from Schiphol station)
- The start date of this position will be the 1st of October 2018.
- We are happy to explain the additional benefits you will getting when starting your career at the company
In case you are interested and would like to apply for this role, please do via the apply button. You can also send your updated CV to e.smid(a)jpgray.nl.