Would you like to support with the analytics of large European transportation projects? Would you like to analyse implementation projects on the costs, service, and mode of transports for a large multinational company? Then this could be a very interesting project for you!
Supply Chain Analyst
Location: Amsterdam region
Contract: Temporary (3 months - but with chance for extension)
Your role as Supply Chain Analyst:
I am looking for an experienced supply chain enthusiast with experience in and different modes of transportation. Your responsibilities involve the full review, analysis, and perhaps also implementation of a few transportation projects of a multinational organisation. You feel most at home analysing data and different outcomes of the trajectory. You will be reviewing and the best transportation practices, and looking at their implications in the supply chain process. Next to this you will cooperate with other stakeholders in the organisation to leverage practices across the organisation and to optimise internal strategies around stock levels.
- Key focus area is to support with formalising (and implement) savings initiatives, e.g. European Cross-dock opportunity
- Create current state vs future state, avoid lead-time impact and (with a positive outcome) prepare project plan for implementation
- In addition there are various other initiatives for which we need to understand if these can bring savings.
- Finally there is a need to provide the European organisation with clear transportation guidelines (e.g. inbound instructions, returns instructions, etc).
About the organisation:
The organisation is an international industry leading organisation in technical supplies and services that show continuous growth and stability. They have a global footprint, hands-on management style, and short lines of contact.
Your profile as Supply Chain Analyst:
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or related area.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in transportation / supply chain management
- Thorough knowledge of legislation for transportation of dangerous good (ADR, IMDG)
- Experience in cost saving initiatives on a multinational scale
- Knowledge around European legislation and carrier network.
- Strong communication skills in English
The project is initially for the analysis of the current initiatives, but could also lead to the implementation of the initiatives themselves. This could be a perfect opportunity for you to delve in your supply chain knowledge, and help with the thorough analysis of a few very interesting projects. Interested? Please send your CV and motivation to j.overwater(a)jpgray.nl