Buyer - Zaandam
Are you looking for a procurement role within in international company in Amsterdam area? Do you want to be part of a hardworking and enthusiastic team of people? Are you experienced in supporting a purchasing department and are you available for a new opportunity?
Contract: First 7 months via JP Gray
Where will you work?
The company you will work for is an international company in the food industry. When you walk into the office you'll see people working together in an international team. Do you enjoy participating in group of enthusiastic people? If you are looking for an environment where you can develop yourself as a professional then this might be an interesting position.
Buyer will join the Procurement team. This position reports into the Procurement Manager Benelux , European region. The successful candidate will be responsible for the procurement process of 4 production sites in Benelux region related to production materials, components, equipment's, tooling, capex, maintenance, repair and operations items and some indirect services, occasionally some raw materials like ingredients
This position will combine relevant experience with excellent negotiation skills with suppliers and other internal stakeholders. In this role, you will among others manage a dedicated number of suppliers in pricing and frameworks, ensure allocated savings are met and work with internal management teams to implement and enforce policies.
What are the deliverables?
- Support teams in their purchase needs
- Manage the procurement process according to global and European guidelines
- Manage quality, costs and on-time delivery of goods and services of assigned supply base
- Prepare tenders in line with organisational procedures
- Support in development of the procurement toolbox
- Act as key user for colleagues related to IT systems
- Manage business relationships with suppliers and support in their questions
- Analyse, negotiate, and issue request for quotations to suppliers for new and existing materials, supply contracts and services
- Co-develop and execute sourcing strategies and keep track of the progress by preparation of reports
- Support in continuous improvement culture of the organisation
- Keep up-to date with manufacturing processes, market trends and technical development
What is your profile?
- A bachelor's degree from a university in business management and relevant certifications
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role in a multinational matrix organisation
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision makings skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Strong affinity with MRO and Capex
If you are interested in this role please apply on the website or contact Rebecca van Erkelens via r.vanerkelens(a)jpgray.nl or 020 522 1260. We will need your most recent CV.